5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gas additive

Mark313

Reaction score
First Hemi, I was wondering what you guys recommended as a good fuel additive?

Last edited:

Chrisdp23

Reaction score
Lucas fuel treatment with upper cylinder lubricant in every tank. I buy the gallon and just refill the little bottle. I can also go an entire month without having to fill up so I want the extra protection from the gas sitting that long. I also use it in my 68 big block Elcamino with 72,000 on the original motor since you can no longer get lead additives.

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
I have always used Chevron Techron Fuel System additive about every 5000 miles. Usually get it buy on get one free on sale. Last truck was driven 240k miles and never had a fuel system issue.

Griff

Reaction score
I've used Lucas Oil Fuel Treatment for several years. I use one bottle at every oil change. My last truck had over 200K miles and never had any engine problems.

10020_FuelTreatment_800x950.jpg

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
Never used anything on my vehicles that get driven regularly. I do use a fuel stabilizer in my Camaro because it will sit all winter and not driven a lot even in the summer. I have a friend with a 98 mustang with 560,000 miles on it. Never put any additives in it. Changed oil every 10k with syntech and plugs. Still runs fine although he finally bought a new vehicle and doesn't drive it much anymore.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Top Tier gas and Techron if needed. Haven't needed it on the new truck.

I have a GDI sedan and those engines build up a lot of carbon. Techron about every 5K keeps the injectors clean.

Users who are viewing this thread