5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Garbage Can???

embo_9

Reaction score
Hey All. Just joining the RAM club as of tomorrow. I've had a Ridgeline for almost 15 years. Please no bashing. It worked great for me.

Anyway, the G1 Ridgeline had a really nice space in front of the console and behind the dash on the floor to put a garbage can. I travel a fair amount and am always collecting pop bottles, wrappers, etc. Where's a good spot for a garbage can in the RAM and what have some of you used? I'd love pics if you have them. Thank you! Really looking forward to being a valuable member of this group as I was the ROC for 15 years.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been using a 32 ounce Plastic cup in the larger door cup holder but I wish there was a better option. :unsure:

cjmst23

Reaction score
I hang a disposable grocery bag from one of these hooks and just toss it out with each gas fill up

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191107-203003.png
    Screenshot_20191107-203003.png
    539.7 KB · Views: 472

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Tyleroflb

Reaction score
I have the front bench and there is still plenty of room if you want a trashcan, I use the little slide out cubby in the dash for trash. I don't know about the center console.

djjr50

Reaction score
Since I regularly carry my family around, I am trying to determine the best spot for a trash can. I am looking at a container that uses those pesky shopping bags as liners since I will have snotty tissues and stuff to discard.

I was thinking of putting it behind the center console, which is an easy reach for me from the front seat. But the vents, buttons and charge ports may get blocked. I will go and measure just to see what my options are. Was thinking of something like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N34H2XQ/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_iFrhEbTQFWY2H

Anyone with this placement and similar container?

embo_9

Reaction score
That just doesn't look very convenient. Otherwise I'm sure it's good. Maybe in your case with snot nosed kids in the back, it's ideal. :)

Quigs

Reaction score

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I seldom have trash to throw since I don't eat in the truck, but if I do, I just put in the cupholder and dispose of it as soon as I get to where I'm going.

WilburNJ

Reaction score
the G1 Ridgeline had a really nice space in front of the console and behind the dash on the floor to put a garbage can.
embo, I came to ram from a G1 RL as well. I used the following for 6 years in the RL, and now I just leave it on the floor in the back right behind the center console. It’s slightly weighted on the bottom so it doesn’t tip over and it’s so unbelievably roomy back there that back seat passengers don’t even notice it‘s there.

Also, this actually fits in the center console of my Laramie if I pull the cup holder thingy back. But it’s a little unsightly. Maybe when the novelty of this being a brand new truck wears off, I’ll start leaving it there. :)

embo_9

Reaction score
embo, I came to ram from a G1 RL as well. I used the following for 6 years in the RL, and now I just leave it on the floor in the back right behind the center console. It’s slightly weighted on the bottom so it doesn’t tip over and it’s so unbelievably roomy back there that back seat passengers don’t even notice it‘s there.

Also, this actually fits in the center console of my Laramie if I pull the cup holder thingy back. But it’s a little unsightly. Maybe when the novelty of this being a brand new truck wears off, I’ll start leaving it there. :)

Thanks Wilbur. I had a nice circular can for in front of my console on the RL.

bigoldthor

Reaction score
I've been using this setup in my last 5 trucks, and it works great for me. (No kids or pets in the vehicle, though.)

Rubbermaid, just hangs off the headrest stems, unsnap to empty it, waterproof, and small enough that it intrudes very little on rear passenger space. No need to take up precious front cabin space or floor space anywhere. Holds enough for me that I just dump it every time I fill up with gas. I can reach back without looking and drop in whatever I need without taking my eyes off the road.

IMG_1060.jpeg

DesertRebel

Reaction score
I've been using this setup in my last 5 trucks, and it works great for me. (No kids or pets in the vehicle, though.)

Rubbermaid, just hangs off the headrest stems, unsnap to empty it, waterproof, and small enough that it intrudes very little on rear passenger space. No need to take up precious front cabin space or floor space anywhere. Holds enough for me that I just dump it every time I fill up with gas. I can reach back without looking and drop in whatever I need without taking my eyes off the road.

View attachment 46849
I use the exact same one - same exact location (y):giggle:

JetMech

Reaction score
Hey All. Just joining the RAM club as of tomorrow. I've had a Ridgeline for almost 15 years. Please no bashing. It worked great for me.

Anyway, the G1 Ridgeline had a really nice space in front of the console and behind the dash on the floor to put a garbage can. I travel a fair amount and am always collecting pop bottles, wrappers, etc. Where's a good spot for a garbage can in the RAM and what have some of you used? I'd love pics if you have them. Thank you! Really looking forward to being a valuable member of this group as I was the ROC for 15 years.

I bought this one on Amazon. Clips under the rear floormat just behind the console. Stays in ace and looks good. Holds a plastic grocery bag perfect.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200221-152925_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200221-152925_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 82

djjr50

Reaction score
I bought this one on Amazon. Clips under the rear floormat just behind the console. Stays in ace and looks good. Holds a plastic grocery bag perfect.
That is what I shouldve gotten! I went with what I posted and it works well. I didnt use the strap but used the velcro (adhered it to the bottom and it sticks the rug just fine) to put in in the middle, behind the console. I didnt want it hanging behind the passenger seat because my son has long legs and a seat protector is going there (with a few pockets for a tissue box and misc items). The garbage can works well, though.

Jonnybow

Reaction score
If you fold the back seats up, there's a hook that's designed to hold plastic grocery bags right there. I'd hang a plastic bag there and dump it at each fill up.
Might not be as easy as being in the front but it's easy enough.

Bill S

Reaction score
Can.jpg This is what I did on mine. I used the strap that is attached to the bin on The AC outlet cover. Stays in place, and no one has had an issue with it there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online