5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Garage Size

gobble9mil

Reaction score
What size is the opening in everyones garage they are putting their 1500s in? Im expecting a wide number of various sizes. Ultimately trying to figure out if mine is gonna fit. Im thinking Im good, likely gonna have to close in the side mirrors.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm no help here, but I'm facing the same question. We'd be using a "basement garage" that my Grand Cherokee barely makes it through the door height-wise (I could clear it easier if I lowered the air suspension to the parking height.) I measured out the dimensions of a Ram on our floor and it's pretty tight if I want to have access to things on the three non-garage door sides.

LakesAZ

Reaction score
96" Height by 105" Width and yes I pull in my side mirrors, and luckily they are power mirrors. 21 feet deep which leaves me 6 inches in the back and 12 inches in the front.

Last edited:

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They won’t fit in a lot of garages that say they are 20’ long... I’ve had that issue.
Currently fits in my garage along with my wife’s Lexus RX but I back in and hug the wall on my passenger side for it to work. I think my garage is 21x21 or so now with a normal size double door

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mines a 7'x 16' door. I do fold my mirrors in to get past the opening as close as possible, then open them up once they clear the door to watch the side of the truck as I pull in and get as close as possible to the wall on the passenger side.
20210318_144930.jpg

downsc123

Reaction score
My Garage Height is 7' even and 21' in length. Height is no issue. Length is tight though. Only have just enough room to squeeze around by the back wall of the garage (21 Rebel Crew 5.7 bed)

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Back in and use the camera and sensors is what I do. I have a tennis ball hanging for my wife so she knows how far over to be when she pulls in

DSTJ99

Reaction score
Mine is just over 250” wall to door which gives me a little over a foot to spare. It’s easy to back in to within an inch of the wall with the camera. The pic is a bit misleading since I can fit between the front and door when it’s closed. After almost 3 months it’s easy to back in every time. My door is 9Wx8H and I don’t need to fold the mirrors.

743b71e06e2abab4a6992c0b0f60f933.jpg

‘21 1500 Ltd, Max Steel / Indigo Frost

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is just over 250” wall to door which gives me a little over a foot to spare. It’s easy to back in to within an inch of the wall with the camera. The pic is a bit misleading since I can fit between the front and door when it’s closed. After almost 3 months it’s easy to back in every time.

743b71e06e2abab4a6992c0b0f60f933.jpg

‘21 1500 Ltd, Max Steel / Indigo Frost
Woah yours looks quite similar to mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online