5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gap in front Bumper Insert

KurtLaf

Reaction score
There is a gap where the Airdam inserts are in the bumper on my 1 year old truck. It's driving me nuts. I've tried pushing on it to get it reseated Has anyone else seen this? How did you fix it? Afraid if I bring it in to a dealer it will be hours sitting there for nothing. Appreciate anyone's advise.

Attachments

• 2022 Ram Airdam gap.jpg
    2022 Ram Airdam gap.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 73

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a gap where the Airdam inserts are in the bumper on my 1 year old truck. It's driving me nuts. I've tried pushing on it to get it reseated Has anyone else seen this? How did you fix it? Afraid if I bring it in to a dealer it will be hours sitting there for nothing. Appreciate anyone's advise.

That actually looks like the tow loop holes. IIRC there are two screws in cage nut clips and two snap-ins on each one. One of the screws might have slipped. They are much easier to work on if you temporarily remove the Active Air Dam, one small electrical connector and four nuts.

Possible alternatives: You could install tow loops and their associated bezels, or accent lights.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The tow hook spot is the lower bezel in the picture. But that does look like one or maybe a few of the top mounting nuts may have slipped off.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The tow hook spot is the lower bezel in the picture. But that does look like one or maybe a few of the top mounting nuts may have slipped off.

Oh, my bad, maybe. If OP is asking about the upper part, that's not the air dam, most I've seen just call it a bumper insert. Some folks put offroad or accent lights in there, or hidden winch. I haven't had the pleasure of wrenching on that particular part.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine has a smiliar gap, was wondering if someone backed into it or something but I came to the conclusion that is the way it is. I have not found any way to adjust it either.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh, my bad, maybe. If OP is asking about the upper part, that's not the air dam, most I've seen just call it a bumper insert. Some folks put offroad or accent lights in there, or hidden winch. I haven't had the pleasure of wrenching on that particular part.
No worries. I only know because I recently installed tow hooks on my rig and the upper slip bolts were a b**** to get seated correctly. My sausage fingers didn’t help in the process. Haha

Users who are viewing this thread