5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

G/T Exhaust Help

Evan122

Reaction score
Hey guys, new here.
I own a 2021 Laramie Night Edition.
I test drove the GT version of it recently and loved the exhaust. My question is... can I get that exhaust for my truck? And do I have to get the Mopar cold air intake that the GT has with it for it to run the same? Would it need a tune/is the GT tuned from factory any differently from the rest?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Here ya go

Plus the Cold Air Intake if you wanna go all out.

Clv22p

Reaction score
Here ya go

Plus the Cold Air Intake if you wanna go all out.

I don’t think the G/T exhaust is the same as the Mopar catback

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry if that’s incorrect. That’s the number I was given by a few different people when inquiring about G/T exhaust.

Any idea what the correct Part# is?

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It's in there. Alot of questions were answered. Our parts has 1 GT muffler in stock, they make a good deal on it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't followed many of the GT threads, but it was my understanding the GT exhaust was nothing more than the Mopar exhaust installed at factory, along with the Mopar RamAir intake

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those looking, this is the thread with the correct part numbers

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It's in there. Alot of questions were answered. Our parts has 1 GT muffler in stock, they make a good deal on it.
Is "our parts" the parts department where you work or is that a retailer/online place?

Evan122

Reaction score

Im wondering now, do I need the Mopar CAI too? I just want to make sure it runs the same. Im not sure if the GT was tuned differently.

blue_by_you

Reaction score
the truck will not gain anything noticable with the intake/exhaust. people are doing it for the noise/sound. there are claims both of improvements and no improvements to drivability.....no one has produced a dyno sheet. do it if you want to, or dont. It's your money (a lot of money)

the actual G/T mufflers as installed only on the G/T model trucks is:
68517364AA
68517365AA

Louhound88

Reaction score
Im wondering now, do I need the Mopar CAI too? I just want to make sure it runs the same. Im not sure if the GT was tuned differently.
I'm sure if it were actually tuned differently they'd have posted the improved HP and torque values. Or maybe they're not allowed to show increased improvement at the sake of some governing rules.

Either way you won't need the CAI too, believe our trucks actually already have CAI it's just quieted down and not a ram air like the GT has.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
They have the same tune, there is no difference between the GT and regular, in fact GT is just a package, it's the same thing but adds exhaust, ram air, paddle shifters, console shifter.

It's the same exact truck.

Evan122

Reaction score
I'm sure if it were actually tuned differently they'd have posted the improved HP and torque values. Or maybe they're not allowed to show increased improvement at the sake of some governing rules.

Either way you won't need the CAI too, believe our trucks actually already have CAI it's just quieted down and not a ram air like the GT has.
Thanks man, I just want the sound of it. Might not get it though if its a crazy price tag. I dont have the 3:92 gears either unfortunately
They have the same tune, there is no difference between the GT and regular, in fact GT is just a package, it's the same thing but adds exhaust, ram air, paddle shifters, console shifter.

It's the same exact truck.
Id love the exhaust. Idk why they added the CAI if it doesn't add to performance. Either way I dont want my truck anymore anyway. Too many annoying issues.
-Leaking 3rd brake light(fixed)
-Loose speakers and door panels(some fixed)
Rattling from the switch cluster on bottom of center stack(part ordered)
-Back up camera not working(fixed for now)
-Now the rear window is leaking from both corners

Evan122

Reaction score
Thanks man, I just want the sound of it. Might not get it though if its a crazy price tag. I dont have the 3:92 gears either unfortunately

Id love the exhaust. Idk why they added the CAI if it doesn't add to performance. Either way I dont want my truck anymore anyway. Too many annoying issues.
-Leaking 3rd brake light(fixed)
-Loose speakers and door panels(some fixed)
Rattling from the switch cluster on bottom of center stack(part ordered)
-Back up camera not working(fixed for now)
-Now the rear window is leaking from both corners
And apparently after my dealership switched GM's they lost the higher up technicians. Nobody even there to work on my truck that I trust...

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
And apparently after my dealership switched GM's they lost the higher up technicians. Nobody even there to work on my truck that I trust...
This is the exact reason I will not buy any GM vehicle. I don't have any GM dealerships within a reasonable distance that employ anyone with even half a brain.

Do you have any other dealerships you can go to nearby? I have like 10 Ram dealerships nearby (haven't been to any yet)

Users who are viewing this thread