5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FYI: No Black Forest Green until 2019

RedKnightRG

Reaction score
If it helps anyone out there looking to factory order a 2019 Ram 1500 I finally got a dealer to tell me that RAM won't be painting 1500s monotone green until Q1 next year. They also said that the green+stripe would be even longer and couldn't commit to a set date when the factory would officially begin accepting black forest green customer orders (right now the dealer order system prevents them from entering black forest green on factory orders). I took a look and there's maybe 100 black forest green trucks left on lots countrywide so if you want one this year you'd better step fast!

(I believe the brown color is in a similar bucket but was asking specifically about Black Forest Green.)

geotex1

Reaction score
It's an interesting color. I test drove one at the PA dealership who has two on the lot.

RedKnightRG

Reaction score
It's an interesting color. I test drove one at the PA dealership who has two on the lot.

I saw one on a lot here in Boston on an overcast day and was CONVINCED it was actually black. The green is so dark that in moderate light conditions you can't see it. It's more like a black truck with green flake - it needs direct sunlight or a flashlight at close range to even see the green. Pretty cool but I don't want to wait 6mo+ to get one!

NorthEdition19

Reaction score
I just bought one on Saturday with the north edition package, LOVE this truck!

Users who are viewing this thread