5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FYI - BellTech 2652 drop spindles will not fit 5th Gen Ram 22” wheel hubs

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you have factory 22” inch wheels, and want BellTech drop spindles, keep reading before purchasing.

I recently ordered the new BellTech 2” drop spindle set (#2652) for the 2019+ (5th Gen) Ram 1500 2WD. When attempting to move the stock hubs over from the stock spindles to the BellTech spindles, I discovered they would not fit. The hole in the BellTech spindle is too small. After contacting BellTech, they informed me that they discovered that the hub size is different between Ram trucks that come with 20” wheels and 22” wheels, and because my truck came with 22” wheels, I cannot use their drop spindles. These will only work on trucks that originally came with 20” wheels. Their website does not mention this anywhere, and wheel size is not part of the selection process. I believe that the hole could easily be bored out to make the hub fit because it is very close to fitting. But, I know that any modification will void any warranty and I’m not willing to take that gamble with $600. They are letting me return them for a full refund, but I’m super bummed that I will not be able to lower the front of my truck the way I want to. They stated that they thought that using a 20” hub would probably work, but that is easily another $400+ to experiment. No thanks.

Last edited:

Terrible_One

Reaction score
Did they mention if they would be making a set for the larger hubs? I'm actually really surprised to learn that the hub size is different between the trucks with 22" and 20" wheels. Thanks for the info, though since my truck is 4WD it doesn't matter much since the drop spindles don't work on my truck according to their description. Would be an easy lowering job even for a truck with air ride. My Lightning has Belltech 2" drop spindles with a 1" lowering spring for a 3" drop that only makes the suspension think it's 1" lol. Though I did lose some turning radius. Not sure if that's also a side effect on our RAMs, but it's very likely.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I asked if they were going to produce spindles for the 22” hubs and their response was:

“As of right now I cannot confirm until we start showing more data on customer interest unfortunately”

So, I’m going to take that as a no, unless there becomes a large demand for them. Especially when they can just suggest that you go spend an additional $400 on 20” hubs.

Users who are viewing this thread