5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future Ram Owner

BossHoggLou

Reaction score
Hi all, Im just entering the market for my first truck and the ram 1500 is at the top of my list, really its the only truck on my list. lol
I've got my eye on the patriot blue Laramie crew cab with the sport package.
I've watched countless YouTube videos, and read many articles. I here just looking to get some insight on experiences from current owners.

Currently driving a 2011 Challenger SE, ready from some true horses under the hood.

Last edited:

RamLarryme

Reaction score
Hi all, Im just entering the market for my first truck and the ram 1500 is at the top of my list, really its the only truck on my list. lol
I've watched countless YouTube videos, and read many articles. I here just looking to get some insight on experiences from current owners.

Currently driving a 2011 Challenger SE, ready from some true horses under the hood.
Love my Laramie with lots of options. Patriot Blue looks great...I call it Cowboy Blue due to being a Dallas Cowboy Fan. The ride is great. Do not freak out over the forum complaints. A lot are valid and some are user issues or lack of familiarity.

BossHoggLou

Reaction score
Love my Laramie with lots of options. Patriot Blue looks great...I call it Cowboy Blue due to being a Dallas Cowboy Fan. The ride is great. Do not freak out over the forum complaints. A lot are valid and some are user issues or lack of familiarity.
Cowboys Fan here too. I like the color for a similar reason. Thanks for the info.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree, a Patriot Blue Laramie Sport will be a very good choice. Are you thinking about a 2020 or trying to find a 2019?

BossHoggLou

Reaction score
I agree, a Patriot Blue Laramie Sport will be a very good choice. Are you thinking about a 2020 or trying to find a 2019?
I'm looking at the 2019s but as time passes the selections are dwindling in the NC/SC markets.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score

My truck has had a few problems; but most have been easily resolved at the dealership. I still have a couple things that need corrected; but they'll get done. There really is a quality issue with the build of these trucks, so be prepared for a few visits to your service department. However, after 1 year and 11,000 and counting miles, I still love driving this truck every day. So, despite the few problems that I have had, I must admit that I really like this truck. I love how quiet it is, the design of the interior, the ride, and the look. I wish that I had gotten a truck with zero problems, but so far I can live with it.

Users who are viewing this thread