5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future owner intro

Reaction score
Good morning everyone.

I'm in the market for a Limited and deciding if I'll go used or new. This will be used as a DD but the sole purpose is a tow vehicle for an enclosed 7x12 trailer with a Morgan inside it. I'm coming from the land of 2 doors and manuals, so this will be quite the departure. Our CX-9 does not like towing the trailer long distances, but seeing your gas mileage it looks like it gets the same 8-9 with the box behind it. My biggest limitation with the Mazda is the tongue weight. I have to back the 3 wheeler in to make tongue weight which means when it is broken (which is often) I either push it up the ramp or stare as it is towed onto the flatbed. With the truck I'll be able to install a winch and won't have to worry about being stranded. I'll take any advice on used vs new and extended warranties.

Thanks!

Last edited:

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the community. Get whatever is the best deal you can find that matches up with your expectations. If there is noting used then don't settle just go get one off the new lot!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Welcome to the community. Get whatever is the best deal you can find that matches up with your expectations. If there is noting used then don't settle just go get one off the new lot!!!!!!!!!!!
I turn over cars like an addict... I'm hoping to hold on to this for 3 years, but my longest stretch so far is 12 months and I've lost eye watering amounts. Resale is always a fickle game.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I turn over cars like an addict... I'm hoping to hold on to this for 3 years, but my longest stretch so far is 12 months and I've lost eye watering amounts. Resale is always a fickle game.
Yeah i have a buddy just like you. Trades his truck in every 2 years MAX. I'm more of a buy and keep it like new guy. The last truck before this one i bought was a 1996 Ram that i kept for 21 years and gave to my son in law. I think i got my moneys worth!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online