5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future Laramie Longhorn owner

rx2man

Reaction score
Hello group, Rob here. I live in Phoenix and am looking at getting a new Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn. A commercial caught my eye with the new leather interior and wood. I had been looking at getting a new Jeep. And it may happen but am likely going to get the Ram. I really don't 4 wheel much and the interior is gorgeous. I don't like Ford with the small turbo engines. IMO just asking for problems later and they only sell an extended warranty out to 150k. GM trucks are known to have suspension vibration issues that they have not been able to fix last time I checked. LS engines are great but I am not going to deal with vibration issues that cant be sorted out. So that leaves Ram and while I know they are not perfect there are no glaring issues that cannot be fixed (well maybe 3.0 diesel engine issues) but in general seems like a good way to go and I like the idea of having a lifetime warranty that other makes do not have. I realize there are issues with warranty claims on modified vehicles but I don't plan on messing with anything so do not see any issues there. And the interior is gorgeous......the upcoming Bronco is of interest but again the lack of a lifetime warranty and small turbo motors give me reservations. I previously owned a Dakota 4x4 and loved the 4.7, not so much the auto though. It had problems @ 100k. The new ZF 8 speeds are great trannys. Also had 93 and 2011 Jeep Wranglers. So not new to Mopar, wish I did not let the 11 go.......Anyway, great forum with a lot of information.

Last edited:

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Laramie Longhorn interior is truly worth the price of admission. If bench seats had been available in the model, that is what I would have purchased. The leather with wood accents are stellar in this model. I am loving my Laramie (not the dealer, just the truck).

My last Ram ('12 1500) had the 4.7 which I really liked. A great engine, IMO. So far, the Hemi is doing great, and returning good mileage.

rx2man

Reaction score
I have been looking at 2010 ish cummins 2500's and the interior is night and day different. I don't need a diesel at all so the hemi will be the way to go. The 4.7 was a great engine, the 3.6 just seems too small. Although it has way more HP and TQ than the old 77 F250 I had back in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread