5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future first time Ram owner, torn between two builds

TheDarkNight

Reaction score
Hi all,
About to place an order for my first 1500. I had a Laramie built out as well as a Limited. There’s about a $5k difference between the two, wondering if it’s worth it to just go with a Limited

Laramie crew cab 4x4
V8 etorque
8-spd auto 8hp75 trans
ParkSense park assist w stop
Air suspension
8.4” w nav
Tonneau cover
Bed utility group
Advanced safety group
Night edition
Multi function tailgate
Laramie level 2 equip
Power running boards

Limited crew cab 4x4
Same engine
Same trans
Multi function tailgate
Bed utility group
Limited 1 equipment group
Red edition

BNJMN

Reaction score
How long do you plan to own? And is RED personally meaningful for you? If not, my opinion on some of the "special" badged/optioned trucks is that they end up being out of place or gaudy 5-10 years later.

I believe the limited will have less payload/towing capacity but not sure how much.

TheDarkNight

Reaction score
How long do you plan to own? And is RED personally meaningful for you? If not, my opinion on some of the "special" badged/optioned trucks is that they end up being out of place or gaudy 5-10 years later.

I believe the limited will have less payload/towing capacity but not sure how much.
3 yr lease. I’m getting black so I liked the way it breaks up the all black look at bit, red is one of my fav colors (I toyed with the idea of a red truck but I feel it would get old so thought it’d be a compromise haha). Salesman said the diff between red and night edition was only $300

TheDarkNight

Reaction score
Then go with the one you like the looks of ;)

Have you sat in both trucks? The Laramie has a nice interior, but the Limited/Longhorn leather quality is next-level.
I’ve sat in the Limited and watched countless videos everywhere. I’m big on comfort and quiet ride, I don’t believe the limited brings anymore to the table in that regards. Seems like the $5k diff is mainly aesthetics?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve sat in the Limited and watched countless videos everywhere. I’m big on comfort and quiet ride, I don’t believe the limited brings anymore to the table in that regards. Seems like the $5k diff is mainly aesthetics?
If you were to load up both trucks, the Laramie will be more expensive (with all of the a la carte options) than the Limited. So it comes down to the balance of options that you want. Aesthetics are a part of it, but the leather quality (i.e. full leather, not just leather seating surfaces) is better on the Limited/Longhorn trucks. If you don't notice the difference, then it may not be worth paying for. The rest comes down to options (e.g. 12" UConnect, H/K sound system, etc.).

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
also be sure to speak with your dealer as to lease rates... the Laramie simply leased better at the time i got it thus a high content Laramie over the Limited in my case... good luck!

TheDarkNight

Reaction score
If you were to load up both trucks, the Laramie will be more expense (with all of the a la carte options) than the Limited. So it comes down to the balance of options that you want. Aesthetics are a part of it, but the leather quality (i.e. full leather, not just leather seating surfaces) is better on the Limited/Longhorn trucks. If you don't notice the difference, then it may not be worth paying for. The rest comes down to options (e.g. 12" UConnect, H/K sound system, etc.).
Yeah the 12” is overkill in my opinion. Based on the options I have for the Laramie, I think that includes H/K right? I really just want all the safety features, premium sound, air suspension, bed utility and running boards and multi function tailgate, night edition and bed cover. Lastly, making it as quiet if a ride as possible haha

TheDarkNight

Reaction score
also be sure to speak with your dealer as to lease rates... the Laramie simply leased better at the time i got it thus a high content Laramie over the Limited in my case... good luck!
Yep, got lease pricing and the Laramie with everything I added is about $100/mo cheaper

yup ram

Reaction score
I debated between the two trims a couple months ago and ultimately went with the Laramie. The main thing drawing me to the limited was the front end look and the headlights. However, after test driving one (unpopular opinion coming) i didn't much care for the look/feel of the interior wood trim. If i didn't feel so strongly about getting the G/T package, I very well may have gone with the limited.

Ultimately you know what you want better than the rest of us. Try to find a dealership with similarly optioned trucks and test drive them both. See if test drives can push you one way or another.

OleNavyMane

Reaction score
Hi all,
About to place an order for my first 1500. I had a Laramie built out as well as a Limited. There’s about a $5k difference between the two, wondering if it’s worth it to just go with a Limited

Laramie crew cab 4x4
V8 etorque
8-spd auto 8hp75 trans
ParkSense park assist w stop
Air suspension
8.4” w nav
Tonneau cover
Bed utility group
Advanced safety group
Night edition
Multi function tailgate
Laramie level 2 equip
Power running boards

Limited crew cab 4x4
Same engine
Same trans
Multi function tailgate
Bed utility group
Limited 1 equipment group
Red edition
Does Laramie have ability to option up to the LED projector headlights? If so, get that option. If not and you plan on doing night driving, I'd go with the Limited.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m big on comfort and quiet ride, I don’t believe the limited brings anymore to the table in that regards. Seems like the $5k diff is mainly aesthetics?

Yes the leather/wood dash is just aesthetic but Limited/Longhorn gives you a few things you cannot get on Laramie like nicer leather and softer seat cushion foam.

Also ventilated rear seats and better headlights (LED projectors that swivel when turning vs fixed LED reflectors)

Users who are viewing this thread