5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future 5th Gen Buyer

HaciendaMan

Reaction score
Hello to all!
I'll be picking up my new RAM any day now, but in all my research I have come across a question that I can't find the answer too. It's this: I really do a lot of dealer website inventory searches, I am very interested in exactly what equipment is on my future truck which is why I don't buy used cause you normally can't get a look at the original window sticker. Ford puts the date of maanufacture right on the bottom of the window sticker but I can't find it on the RAM, I would think that that would be pertinent info. So the only way to find out when it was built is to go the dealership and open driver door? Or is on window sticker hidden ?

Tap-it-up

Reaction score
I got the window sticker for the ram I ordered and the build date Is the 4 digit number on the top right hand corner of the bar code located in the bottom left of the window sticker assume it’s the same for trucks on the lot

NJC1684

Reaction score
I got the window sticker for the ram I ordered and the build date Is the 4 digit number on the top right hand corner of the bar code located in the bottom left of the window sticker assume it’s the same for trucks on the lot

Yup, top right of the bar code on bottom left corner of window sticker.

0918 = September 18th

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
As noted by others you can look here and see the 0122 build date:
1581753656092.png

You can also look up information if you have the vin by going to the actual Build Sheet/Equipment Listing for the vehicle you have in question. You can copy/paste this link below and change the vin# to you want to look at for the most part it should give you the Build Sheet/Equipment Listing for that vin. This listing does not appear to have the build date on it but it does have other details about the truck:

tyresmoker

Reaction score
Hello to all!
I'll be picking up my new RAM any day now, but in all my research I have come across a question that I can't find the answer too. It's this: I really do a lot of dealer website inventory searches, I am very interested in exactly what equipment is on my future truck which is why I don't buy used cause you normally can't get a look at the original window sticker. Ford puts the date of maanufacture right on the bottom of the window sticker but I can't find it on the RAM, I would think that that would be pertinent info. So the only way to find out when it was built is to go the dealership and open driver door? Or is on window sticker hidden ?
That date at the bottom of the sticker on Ford products is not the build date, it is the release date for shipping/invoicing purposes.

kilcher

Reaction score
FYI - You can look up the original window sticker on used RAM's if you have the VIN - https://windowstickerlookup.com/

You have to choose Dodge from the drop-down. ETA: Just saw someone above posted another way to do it.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
FYI - You can look up the original window sticker on used RAM's if you have the VIN - https://windowstickerlookup.com/

You have to choose Dodge from the drop-down. ETA: Just saw someone above posted another way to do it.

Build sheet, post 17, more info than window sticker.

DennisY

Reaction score
Your dealer doesn't have the window sticker or a link to it on their web site for the vehicles they have on the lot? The ones in my area do.

HaciendaMan

Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for this great info! I'm a member for 2 days and already reaping the benefits.

tyresmoker

Reaction score
As noted by others you can look here and see the 0122 build date:
View attachment 46687

You can also look up information if you have the vin by going to the actual Build Sheet/Equipment Listing for the vehicle you have in question. You can copy/paste this link below and change the vin# to you want to look at for the most part it should give you the Build Sheet/Equipment Listing for that vin. This listing does not appear to have the build date on it but it does have other details about the truck:

Again, just like with Ford, that is NOT the actual build date, it is the invoice/ship date of the vehicle.

ramhead

Reaction score
Again, just like with Ford, that is NOT the actual build date, it is the invoice/ship date of the vehicle.

Right, but it's still very close to the build date. With my truck the sticker had a 3/31 code - In my glovebox I found the actual paper strip (which seems to have been left there inadvertently since most others don't get this) showing my build date AND time it was completed & released from the line which was on 3/30 (forget the exact time but was around 2 or 3pm). So, it may not be exact but it is within a day or so of actual build date.

tyresmoker

Reaction score
Right, but it's still very close to the build date. With my truck the sticker had a 3/31 code - In my glovebox I found the actual paper strip (which seems to have been left there inadvertently since most others don't get this) showing my build date AND time it was completed & released from the line which was on 3/30 (forget the exact time but was around 2 or 3pm). So, it may not be exact but it is within a day or so of actual build date.
Agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online