5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuse grill shutters

drguy

Reaction score
2022. 5th generation
1500 ram bighorn 3.6 L v
Would like to disable shutters while l Towing because of temperature.
can I pull the fuse and will they stay open if so
return it after for them to remain active and will there be any problems if this is possible

jonnygobig

Reaction score
Funny we get into this now that Ram is dropping back to 6 cyclinders in 2025, temp management will be key(as it always is) especially with turbos.

I think you will post an engine light if you pull a fuse, might be a waste of time. That 3.6 is a good motor running in Jeeps world wide, motor has a known good temp range for oil coolant, tranny, it is normal to elevate with loading. It also has a bit of a shady water pump history that should be solved for 2022.. The heat exchange airflow may not be your primary issue, especially if you are in tow mode with rpms up and some speed. What sort of temp problem you having? Oil, coolant, tranny? Any coolant change recently?(maybe bleed it) Any leaking or weeping on water pump?

drguy

Reaction score
Funny we get into this now that Ram is dropping back to 6 cyclinders in 2025, temp management will be key(as it always is) especially with turbos.

I think you will post an engine light if you pull a fuse, might be a waste of time. That 3.6 is a good motor running in Jeeps world wide, motor has a known good temp range for oil coolant, tranny, it is normal to elevate with loading. It also has a bit of a shady water pump history that should be solved for 2022.. The heat exchange airflow may not be your primary issue, especially if you are in tow mode with rpms up and some speed. What sort of temp problem you having? Oil, coolant, tranny? Any coolant change recently?(maybe bleed it) Any leaking or weeping on water pump?
Honestly not having problems yet. Truck has 150 miles on it but I just blew 2 trans in a different vehicle & hearing alot of chatter about temperatures seesawing up & down on trips towing. Doesn"t sound very good for the engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/