5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuse F11-ID/clearance lights for LED grill power.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will be installing LED grill lights this weekend. Has anyone wired them using F11? I plan on using add a fuse to pull power from here. My truck did not come equipped with ID/clearance lights from the factory. Is this fuse position hot or is it something I can enable with Tazer Dt or the dealership?

Or is there another slot I can use and add a fuse (mini)? I’d like to control the power to the LED lights with the parking lights.

Yes I know I can T-tap off the parking wire via the wiring harness, but trying not to do that.

Attachments

• 6CC8859F-580E-4899-8914-43FB0E73CBBB.jpeg
    6CC8859F-580E-4899-8914-43FB0E73CBBB.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 29

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I will be installing LED grill lights this weekend. Has anyone wired them using F11? I plan on using add a fuse to pull power from here. My truck did not come equipped with ID/clearance lights from the factory. Is this fuse position hot or is it something I can enable with Tazer Dt or the dealership?

Or is there another slot I can use and add a fuse (mini)? I’d like to control the power to the LED lights with the parking lights.

Yes I know I can T-tap off the parking wire via the wiring harness, but trying not to do that.
You would need to look in your fuse box to see if there are contacts in both sides of the fuse slot to know if it's an option, and then use a meter to check for voltage.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You would need to look in your fuse box to see if there are contacts in both sides of the fuse slot to know if it's an option, and then use a meter to check for voltage.
That was the plan but it’s raining and thought I could skip a step in the process. Lol. Curious if anyone else has wired their set up this way before.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have heard of folks using the fuel pump fuse, since it only has power then the truck is running. f01 i think

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have heard of folks using the fuel pump fuse, since it only has power then the truck is running. f01 i think
I personally wouldn't mess with the circuit for something as critical to vehicle operation as the fuel pump wiring.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
What fuse would be recommended that is off with the ignition?

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
F12 is Trailer Parking lights…but that uses an Mcase type fuse and I’m not familiar with a way to tap that. I do have mini fuse taps.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I have no idea if this works on a regular DT truck, as I have a TRX (and some of the wiring is different).
I re-wired my clearance lights from F11 (which only works with lights on) to F44 (trailer surround camera). That's an ignition-powered fuse, and happens to be unused. So now my clearance lights are on whenever the ignition is on.
It's not so much a "rewiring", as it is running a jumper from F44 to F11.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I have no idea if this works on a regular DT truck, as I have a TRX (and some of the wiring is different).
I re-wired my clearance lights from F11 (which only works with lights on) to F44 (trailer surround camera). That's an ignition-powered fuse, and happens to be unused. So now my clearance lights are on whenever the ignition is on.
It's not so much a "rewiring", as it is running a jumper from F44 to F11.
That’s another option. And it appears to be a mini fuse as well. I’ll look into that. Thanks friend.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks @Eighty

This is the thread I was remembering

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Would be good to know which fuse is recommended to tap for ignition switched, and parking light switched power. It would have to be a mini or micro.

1694608451319.png

Users who are viewing this thread