5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funny Memes or Pictures or Political, Rants, etc.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking for a new laptop right now and this is exactly why I've decided to move away from Windows. My current old laptop is running Linux Mint 21.3 and my new one will be running Linux Mint as well. Hopefully Mint 22 soon.

My previous employment tasked me with (among other things) running a Linux mail and file server, so yeah I'm a fan of operating systems that just sit there and work for like years at a time with no operator attention.

We used Ubuntu, which has a large user base, and there's usually someone who knows the answer to whatever comes up.

If you don't mind me asking, why Mint rather than Ubuntu (or something else)? Are there things you like better, or just what you stumbled upon?

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My previous employment tasked me with (among other things) running a Linux mail and file server, so yeah I'm a fan of operating systems that just sit there and work for like years at a time with no operator attention.

We used Ubuntu, which has a large user base, and there's usually someone who knows the answer to whatever comes up.

If you don't mind me asking, why Mint rather than Ubuntu (or something else)? Are there things you like better, or just what you stumbled upon?
I run Mint, it's based on Ubuntu. Love that it just works.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Linux is not immune. Neither is Mac. CS event has happened many times in the past and last one was on Mac. CS BS is really about corp assets pushing zero-hour fixes mandated by idiot CISO's and security people trying to keep and justify their jobs.

F'N CS got my work laptop (win10 host running VMWorkstation) at 0030 while trying to wrap up prep on a client migration. Info wasn't readily available but based on past events, I was able to get by it. Still lost an hour of work and 2-3 hours of sleep. Probably shaved days off my life expectancy.

Users who are viewing this thread