5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funny Memes or Pictures or Political, Rants, etc.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I try to stop whenever I see a kid with a lemonade stand. Well at least when I am with my wife so no one calls the cops on me! 😆 I think it is great to promote capitalism.
I got my first job at 12, when the owner of a welding shop saw me collecting aluminum beer cans on the side of the highway (to sell to a recycler). Went home every night after that with a sooty face after sweeping up welding slag for a few hours, but boy was I proud of the $1.25/hr I was earning.
This day and age, the shop owner would be arrested and made a public spectacle for child endangerment

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
When I first started work on the family farm at 12 years old, I was paid $10 a DAY cash for 10 to 13 hours days. My final year of work at 19 years old I was making $30 a day. I don’t regret a minute of it. Learned a lot of life skills and work ethic.

Glad I didn’t have to pay taxes! 😆

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When I first started work on the family farm at 12 years old, I was paid $10 a DAY cash for 10 to 13 hours days. My final year of work at 19 years old I was making $30 a day. I don’t regret a minute of it. Learned a lot of life skills and work ethic.

Glad I didn’t have to pay taxes! 😆
You will now. I hear all of those extra IRS agents that were hired are actively monitoring forums for child tax evaders.😛

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a lot more to harvesting, storing and transporting fresh sweet corn instead of dried field corn. It's not that easy to change. Not just a seed in the dirt.

It's an open market. Capitalism. If it were more profitable to grow it here than grow it somewhere else, process it and ship it across the ocean they would choose to do so. Nothing stops them except the will of God and a poor economy.

The hazard warning is probably for the California people. It causes cancer there...🤣

If it’s ”open market capitalism“ then why is the US taxpayer pumping $2.2 billion into corn subsidizes?

Users who are viewing this thread