5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funny Memes or Pictures or Political, Rants, etc.

HAL9001

Reaction score
Exactly. You saying we couldn't be friends because you don't have the same beliefs I do? That's pretty sad.
It is sad and if it were only me, it wouldn't be a problem. Sadly, it's millions of people.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not trying to bicker with anyone, I'm trying to mitigate the bickering. This thread is toxic, passive-aggressive, and highly divisive to the forum community. If no one else can see that or lacks the courage to say it, then I will. I can take criticism and I certainly don't expect everyone else to agree.

I don't feel that ignoring our country's problems just because I don't like them will make them go away. We need to stop letting politicians or party divide us. Our future depends on it. No politician or party is worth dividing our country over. United we stand, divided we fall.

If you and the other moderators feel that this thread is in the best interest of this forum, then by all means allow politics in an automotive forum. I really like this forum but if it gets too political here I always have the RAMForum to fall back on where politics are not allowed for the best interest of the forum and where people can focus on trucks which is why they came to a RAM forum. Again, if people want to discuss politics, there are thousands of outlets specifically for that.

View attachment 140951
Posting what other forums do has no bearing here. That’s the same as me coming into your house and telling you what furniture can be in it. Also, you’re missing what I said before- you have started this bickering by your first post in here. You have your feelings about the thread, and that’s great. You’re allowed to. If you want to make another thread in off-topic talking about how much you hate this one, then go ahead. However, and this is the only time I say this- this thread is not the place to have a conversation about your personal opinions of the thread.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why I’m glad these ridiculous memes live here:

1) I do NOT want to venture into political forums for stuff like this. It’s hard enough finding NEWS I can rely on without becoming completely depressed and/or angry. And I do seek news from sources leaning both ways, and then form a perspective somewhere in the middle.

2) Generally gearheads of all shape and size are good folk. If I must banter politically I’d rather do it in a community of my ilk. Might just be me, but I rarely if ever pick up an offensive or hostile tone from posts in these places. I’m just not easily offended, and I don’t think most people are either.

3) This crap actually is entertaining and often funny. And I’m glad folks have started posting some left-leaning memes lately, even though I’m more right of center. I appreciate all humor, even at my expense. That said, they got serious work to do before they’re actually funny - many so far have just been statements or opinions stamped on a picture. That’s not it!

4) (this is purely selfish) I don’t do any other social media aside from a few forums. Having some of this crap here is convenient. I’ll share some with my wife and she’ll say “ya, that made the rounds on Facebook a week ago…”
“But I want to talk about it NOW!” LOL
I am not wading back into mainstream social media ever again.

HAL9001

Reaction score
Posting what other forums do has no bearing here. That’s the same as me coming into your house and telling you what furniture can be in it. Also, you’re missing what I said before- you have started this bickering by your first post in here. You have your feelings about the thread, and that’s great. You’re allowed to. If you want to make another thread in off-topic talking about how much you hate this one, then go ahead. However, and this is the only time I say this- this thread is not the place to have a conversation about your personal opinions of the thread.
Unless you own this forum, you need to discuss this subject with the other moderators and the forum owners. One moderator's opinion is not the final say on any forum. Do what you will. As for me, I've made my point and this will be my last post here. One more nice thing ruined by politics.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Unless you own this forum, you need to discuss this subject with the other moderators and the forum owners. One moderator's opinion is not the final say on any forum. Do what you will. As for me, I've made my point and this will be my last post here. One more nice thing ruined by politics.
As another moderator here, I will chime in. This topic has been discussed amongst the moderators and forum Admin. This thread is the ONLY place politics are allowed and it's even in the title of the thread that there will be politics here. It's in the off topic forum. If you don't want to see the postsz you don't have to read the thread. The entire rest of the forum is politics free, and as moderators we strive to keep it that way. I deleted a few posts, a couple days ago, in another thread that had political comments in the.

If you see posts in other areas of the forum talking politics or joking about ones political views report it and we will delete it.

kdawg

Reaction score
Why I’m glad these ridiculous memes live here:

1) I do NOT want to venture into political forums for stuff like this. It’s hard enough finding NEWS I can rely on without becoming completely depressed and/or angry. And I do seek news from sources leaning both ways, and then form a perspective somewhere in the middle.

2) Generally gearheads of all shape and size are good folk. If I must banter politically I’d rather do it in a community of my ilk. Might just be me, but I rarely if ever pick up an offensive or hostile tone from posts in these places. I’m just not easily offended, and I don’t think most people are either.

3) This crap actually is entertaining and often funny. And I’m glad folks have started posting some left-leaning memes lately, even though I’m more right of center. I appreciate all humor, even at my expense. That said, they got serious work to do before they’re actually funny - many so far have just been statements or opinions stamped on a picture. That’s not it!

4) (this is purely selfish) I don’t do any other social media aside from a few forums. Having some of this crap here is convenient. I’ll share some with my wife and she’ll say “ya, that made the rounds on Facebook a week ago…”
“But I want to talk about it NOW!” LOL
I am not wading back into mainstream social media ever again.
download.jpeg

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There is no peace in threads like this, that's the whole point. Just bickering and division.
I totally disagree. Being a long time moderator on another forum I think it’s healthy to have a place to vent this stuff. An off-topic area is perfect for this and keeps the politics off the other topics for the most part. The little that has bled over has been quickly snuffed out by the mods here. I think they do a great job and deserve a ton of appreciation.

The problem I see is when one person purposely stirs the pot in a conversation or thread obviously trying to get a reaction. Opinions are great and everybody deserves to share them but doing it just to stir the pot is a problem.

Let’s face it……gas guzzling truck owners lean strongly conservative. If your speaking from the far left and being highly critical about our beliefs it’s likely not gonna be well received. That’s just how it is. If it was me I would just look beyond those type of threads and not participate. No harm and no foul. Makes life a WHOLE lot easier if you don’t need to engage every single time you disagree with somebody. That’s a sad life to live.

Now let’s get back to the memes and laugh a little.

Users who are viewing this thread