5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funny Memes or Pictures or Political, Rants, etc.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I have to ask the 5thgenrams moderators, what is the point of this idiotic thread?

This is supposed to be an automotive forum, if anyone wants to discuss politics, there are thousands of forums and social media sites dedicated to that. So what's the point of ruining this forum by going way off-topic with politics here? Politics is an insidiously toxic topic absolutely guaranteed to divide and destroy any sense of community a forum may have developed, which is why many non-political forums don't allow it, even in their Off-Topic section.

We had a great RAM community here where we could get away from BS politics for a little while and talk about trucks, not as red or blue, conservative or liberal, Democrat or Republican, but simply as friends who shared a love of trucks.

This thread is dividing the RAM community just as our country is becoming the horrific Divided States of America. Is there no escape from this where we can simply be friends with one another for a while, or does this country-wrecking division have to invade every friggin aspect of our lives?
I think it’s better to have this thread—which can easily be ignored and which is in the off-topic forum—than to have political arguments and fighting bleed into an on-topic thread or forum.

In other words, the existence of this thread doesn’t bother me at all, but I do wish off-topic arguments in other threads were better moderated. The off-topic forums could serve as a pressure relief valve and help keep the other forums on-topic.

Last edited:

HAL9001

Reaction score
I think it’s better to have this thread—which can easily be ignored and which is in the off-topic forum—than to have political arguments and fighting bleed into an on-topic thread or forum.

In other words, the existence of this thread doesn’t bother me at all, but I do with off-topic arguments in other threads were better moderated. The off-topic forums could serve as a pressure relief valve and help keep the other forums on-topic.
So, you advocate an all-out shoot-out here as a solution? Should we do the same in the real world? Have a specific place where everyone can go to have it out? That would get ugly, and deadly, very fast as Jan 6 clearly showed.

This is only going to make the on-topic forum political arguments worse and thoroughly divide the community because forum members are hotly coming out as red or blue here and people will clearly remember that when it's time to discuss trucks. So much for any RAM community and friendship.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, you advocate an all-out shoot-out here as a solution? Should we do the same in the real world? Have a specific place where everyone can go to have it out? That would get ugly, and deadly, very fast as Jan 6 clearly showed.

This is only going to make the on-topic forum political arguments worse and thoroughly divide the community because forum members are hotly coming out as red or blue here and people will clearly remember that when it's time to discuss trucks. So much for any RAM community and friendship.
I advocate not putting words into other people’s mouths. That would be a good way to keep the peace.

HAL9001

Reaction score
I advocate not putting words into other people’s mouths. That would be a good way to keep the peace.
There is no peace in threads like this, that's the whole point. Just bickering and division.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There is no peace in threads like this, that's the whole point. Just bickering and division.
I don’t think that’s the point at all. The point is to post memes of a political nature that some people will find funny, while others won’t.

A consequence of that might be bickering, but that’s not the point.

If you don’t like bickering and division, don’t stoke it, as you’ve done by putting words into other people’s mouths and making bad-faith arguments.

I’m going to bow out of this bickering, and go back to being a spectator and enjoying the funny memes (and silently scoffing at the unfunny ones).

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score

Bro, this is the off-topic section. Folks come in here to have fun. If something in off-topic hurts someone feelings, just don't look at it or read it. That's what's wrong with the world. People getting canceled, deleted, or arrested because their views don't align with certain people is unlawful and unconstitutional. Who's divided anyway? I can disagree with anyone about anything and still be their friend. Maybe that's me not being a karen🤷‍♂️

HAL9001

Reaction score
I don’t think that’s the point at all. The point is to post memes of a political nature that some people will find funny, while other’s don’t.

A consequence of that might be bickering, but that’s not the point.

If you don’t like bickering and division, don’t stoke it, as you’ve done by putting words into other people’s mouths and making bad-faith arguments.

I’m going to bow out of this bickering, and go back to being a spectator and enjoying the funny memes (and silently scoffing at the unfunny ones).
Having our country divided against itself is not funny. It wasn't funny in 1861 just before the Civil War and it's not funny now. If you can't see the danger in this then it may be too late.

HAL9001

Reaction score
That's what the fake news channels want you to believe, that we are all divided. They will keep saying it over and over, pounding it into your brain until you believe it.
All news channels, both right and left say we are divided. So, in your reasoning, they must all be fake and we're just one big happy family. Jan 6 was fake too.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I do understand your concerns and will take it up with the other moderators. That being said, you are the one who came in this thread and started the bickering. Your actions are also in line with one of the massive things that’s wrong with our Country- not being able to ignore something you don’t like, and feeling the need to have it “cancelled”. At the present time, you’re free to ignore this thread and pretend like it doesn’t exist.

HAL9001

Reaction score
Bro, this is the off-topic section. Folks come in here to have fun. If something in off-topic hurts someone feelings, just don't look at it or read it. That's what's wrong with the world. People getting canceled, deleted, or arrested because their views don't align with certain people is unlawful and unconstitutional. Who's divided anyway? I can disagree with anyone about anything and still be their friend. Maybe that's me not being a karen🤷‍♂️
If you can disagree with anyone about anything and still be their friend then the world and this country needs far more people like you.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, I have to ask the 5thgenrams moderators, what is the point of this idiotic thread?

This is supposed to be an automotive forum, if anyone wants to discuss politics, there are thousands of forums and social media sites dedicated to that. So what's the point of ruining this forum by going way off-topic with politics here? Politics is an insidiously toxic topic absolutely guaranteed to divide and destroy any sense of community a forum may have developed, which is why many non-political forums don't allow it, even in their Off-Topic section.

We had a great RAM community here where we could get away from BS politics for a little while and talk about trucks, not as red or blue, conservative or liberal, Democrat or Republican, but simply as friends who shared a love of trucks.

This thread is dividing the RAM community just as our country is becoming the horrific Divided States of America. Is there no escape from this where we can simply be friends with one another for a while, or does this country-wrecking division have to invade every friggin aspect of our lives?
5th Gen Off Topic.JPG

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
All news channels, both right and left say we are divided. So, in your reasoning, they must all be fake and we're just one big happy family. Jan 6 was fake too.
Correct, fake news and misinformation comes from all sides. The term "don't believe everything you see on TV" is a constant for me. It applies to social media too. That's why I am neither republican nor democrat. I do my own research, and come to my own conclusions.

As far as January 6th, i believe that about 90% of it is fake, and was planned out to prevent Trump from coming back into office.

HAL9001

Reaction score
I do understand your concerns and will take it up with the other moderators. That being said, you are the one who came in this thread and started the bickering. Your actions are also in line with one of the massive things that’s wrong with our Country- not being able to ignore something you don’t like, and feeling the need to have it “cancelled”. At the present time, you’re free to ignore this thread and pretend like it doesn’t exist.
I'm not trying to bicker with anyone, I'm trying to mitigate the bickering. This thread is toxic, passive-aggressive, and highly divisive to the forum community. If no one else can see that or lacks the courage to say it, then I will. I can take criticism and I certainly don't expect everyone else to agree.

I don't feel that ignoring our country's problems just because I don't like them will make them go away. We need to stop letting politicians or party divide us. Our future depends on it. No politician or party is worth dividing our country over. United we stand, divided we fall.

If you and the other moderators feel that this thread is in the best interest of this forum, then by all means allow politics in an automotive forum. I really like this forum but if it gets too political here I always have the RAMForum to fall back on where politics are not allowed for the best interest of the forum and where people can focus on trucks which is why they came to a RAM forum. Again, if people want to discuss politics, there are thousands of outlets specifically for that.

1665674144244.png

Users who are viewing this thread