5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Functional Sport Hood Vents?

dkehler

Reaction score
After a lot of searching I’ve only seen one guy who Dremeled out his hood vents. That seemed a bit tedious for me so has anyone seen some aftermarket functional hood inserts?

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gotta ask why ? The Ram breathes just fine thru the stock air box …. Just askin gor a lot of unwanted crap in the engine area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dkehler

Reaction score
I live in the desert and would like to remove some heat

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And for what it's worth, even the TRX has non-functional vents (but the scoop is real).

1638395058351.png

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
And for what it's worth, even the TRX has non-functional vents (but the scoop is real).

View attachment 112656
While you're correct about the TRX hood, if you looked at the Sports Performance hood without the left and right vents, you'd think they were functional. The sheet metal in those areas is cut out for the fake vents. It's just that the vents have no openings, and the hood insulator doesn't have cut-outs for them... Sport performance hood.JPG

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've thought about opening the vents up, it would help with heat extraction. Based on how the hood is designed, would need some type of water management to keep water from getting between the layers of the hood, but doable I'm sure.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've thought about opening the vents up, it would help with heat extraction. Based on how the hood is designed, would need some type of water management to keep water from getting between the layers of the hood, but doable I'm sure.
And you would have to remove some of the fire blanket if I recall correctly.

dkehler

Reaction score
I was really hoping that by now someone would make some aftermarket snap in vents

dkehler

Reaction score
Or maybe there’s another Mopar vehicle with functional vents that fit the ram sport hood, like maybe a charger scat pack?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
You could always buy a new set and work on perforating them when you have spare time. They about $30 each plus shipping. That way you can take your time and make them look the way you want, without driving around without vents for days.

Users who are viewing this thread