5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full exhaust system vs Muffler swap.

HeavyMetalHauler

Reaction score
I welded in a Super40 but left the resonators, still very nice and quiet for 80mph freeway cruising but now I can hear it around town. It is absolutely not loud. Mds sound doesn't bother me even a bit, just sounds like the motor is in crossplane crank mode haha. The cold start is definitely a bit noisier, but still a big improvement on my previous straight piped dizzle. If I got up a little bit later in the morning, I might have gone with the 44 for more bark.

I just did this exact thing and am happy. Welded in a Super 40, left the resonators. It gives it decent bark to make the truck sound mean without pissing off the wife and neighbours. Sounds great around town and won’t annoy you on longer drives. Love it!

Adonis72

Reaction score
Is this the one you put on? I have 2021 1500 warlock. 5.7l I have been looking at a bunch of websites and some say this fits and some say it does not.
Sorry just saw your reply... here's the link to the one I bought. I have a 2021 Hemi BigHorn Night edition not sure about Warlock.

Flowmaster Outlaw

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is one of the most enjoyable post I've ever read.

Thank you! :LOL:

Adding some more thoughts on exhaust?
IMHO the sound proofing on the new Rams is pretty darn good! IF YOU CAN HEAR AN EXHAUST FROM THE OUTSIDE, please do!
For the longest time i've gone back and forth on thinking the magnaflow was too tame. Over time it's sweetened and I'm liking the sound.
I had someone else drive the truck and I listened to it from the outside.
Man am I glad I did, WOW does an aftermarket exhaust sound good on a V8 hemi!

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
I came from a 5.7 Grand Cherokee. When the sales guy took me for a spin, first thing I noticed was the better sound of the ‘19 RAM Laramie when he stepped on it. Due to the wife’s motion sickness I went to the 2” Mopar lift on my Laramie and upgraded the tires to 295/60/r20.
problems solved. Now at 55 I’m in my midlife crisis and there’s this “need”. My wife can’t get into the truck but i got her this Rubbermaid step stool and it seems to be working….
long story short… she (my wife) said no.
ive been telling her for weeks now how much I want the Mopar cat back and she seems to have finally acknowledged the fact that it’s gonna happen.
I‘m not sure she realizes the difference at this point, but she knows the appointment is next Thursday at 1pm. This is bad-*** to me. If I don’t report by next week Friday someone please send the cops to my place.
I wouldn’t even know about the cat back exhaust if it weren’t for this place…

HeavyRotation

Reaction score
I came from a 5.7 Grand Cherokee. When the sales guy took me for a spin, first thing I noticed was the better sound of the ‘19 RAM Laramie when he stepped on it. Due to the wife’s motion sickness I went to the 2” Mopar lift on my Laramie and upgraded the tires to 295/60/r20.
problems solved. Now at 55 I’m in my midlife crisis and there’s this “need”. My wife can’t get into the truck but i got her this Rubbermaid step stool and it seems to be working….
long story short… she (my wife) said no.
ive been telling her for weeks now how much I want the Mopar cat back and she seems to have finally acknowledged the fact that it’s gonna happen.
I‘m not sure she realizes the difference at this point, but she knows the appointment is next Thursday at 1pm. This is bad-*** to me. If I don’t report by next week Friday someone please send the cops to my place.
I wouldn’t even know about the cat back exhaust if it weren’t for this place…
My wife never even knew I swapped mine. And it's none of her business anyway.

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
Really? i made the mistake of telling her I wanted it, and she said no. At that point I figured she would notice the difference in decibels anyway and made sure she was/is aware of it. In the end she knows I’m getting it either way and decided to get on board. So… it’s one more week and she knows I’ll come home to take her for a spin in my overdue midlife crisis neighborhood nuisance. She even suggested to come with, but I’m not sure $1417 (Incl labor and tax) would be something she would still support. In the end I suppose getting another gun into the house is much easier….

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys. I just got my truck back from the body shop. Got rear ended at a red light. All good but the stock exhaust was damaged. I got the insurance company to cut me a check for the replacement cost instead of replacing stock with stock. I did have a Magnaflow 18” muffler welded in and while I liked it, I wish it was just a bit louder. I like the low rumble old school sound like the trucks from the 80’s-90’s. I’m married with two kids and live in suburbia so I can’t go too loud. Should I go for the Borla Touring? Something like that?

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
Well, I just came home with my Mopar cat back Installed. Sales and parts guy came out to listen and I had to go around the parking lot and floor it at the stoplight around the corner. First impression: I’m shaking from excitement. Too much fun. Cruising 60 couldn‘t really hear it (90f and AC full throttle). At 70 I could hear a bit of a lower frequency tone. Most fun is the little “taps” on the gas to hear the Hemi come alive Between stops and turns.
With that, this thing is going to kill my mileage 🤣.
Btw… I almost turned the AC off, almost. But that little sliding back window is now my 2nd favorite part on the truck. I may have to rethink my Sirius-XM now I have my own Symphony.

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
Just another before and after startup (with an old Sony Handicap). Not one bit too loud (I was worried about that).
Youtube

Users who are viewing this thread