5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full dashboard disassembly and take off

Georgf

Reaction score
I want to drag the entire panel with leather, for this i need to remove it and take it to the workshop. Has anyone removed the panel by themselves or watched the dealer do it? How difficult and how long to do it?

Richluck

Reaction score
That's crazy...Enjoy your creaks and squeaks after doing it. That will take a lot of time and probably very confusing given the amount of parts and hardware involved. Plus you are almost certain to break clips and parts that connect to each other. There's a reason why nothing rattles and creaks for a new truck. It's all really tight from the factory. I had a new 2017 GMC Canyon with a defective firewall seal behind the dash. Basically you could hear the engine through the Cab. Very annoying but they had to take out the entire dash and front seats. They actually asked me if I wanted to live with it because there may be cracks and creaks after taking the dash out. Ended up not happening but it did take them 4 days and that was at the dealer to take the dash out and reassemble. Good luck!

Georgf

Reaction score
Found a photo of the panel, it looks not so scary. Removing the radio is very easy, the instrument cluster too, I think it can be done in one day.

Attachments

• 8690F5A0-3ABB-4FF0-BCB4-6B58A6B38E23.jpeg
    8690F5A0-3ABB-4FF0-BCB4-6B58A6B38E23.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 80

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/