5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fueling issues

GSmith

Reaction score
My wife and have a 2019 Big Horn. This is our 3rd Ram since 2014 and we love it. BUT, we are having an issue fueling it. It has no gas cap and when I put the gas nozzle in and start fueling, it stops every 20 seconds or so. I have tried adjusting how the nozzle is in and the angle but nothing solves the issue. It sucks standing in -20C trying to fill a truck up. Can anyone help?

kittyjo

Reaction score
My wife and have a 2019 Big Horn. This is our 3rd Ram since 2014 and we love it. BUT, we are having an issue fueling it. It has no gas cap and when I put the gas nozzle in and start fueling, it stops every 20 seconds or so. I have tried adjusting how the nozzle is in and the angle but nothing solves the issue. It sucks standing in -20C trying to fill a truck up. Can anyone help?
I have same exact truck make sure it’s in all the way when fueling up. But I agree with u

Nighthawk

Reaction score
I too find filling an issue. Doesn’t seem to want to take gas very fast no matter how you monkey around with nozzle position

JV77

Reaction score
Mine did this on the first fill up and hasn't done it again. I am not sure if it is possibly related to the same thing, but my old Tahoe was doing this for a while and it turned out to be the Evap Vent Solenoid had failed. Replaced that and all good except for extremely humid days for some reason. When it did it on the Ram I thought oh ****, but like I said, it hasn't done it again. I wonder if it's possible something is freezing up on the tank vent keeping it from opening while filling and in turn causing back pressure? Either way, I know your pain and hope you find a solution. Hopefully this doesn't turn into something widespread.

PTRAM

Reaction score
I have only filled mine up twice so far, but it worked fine as I locked the pump handle to the fastest speed and just waited till it shut off. I did check once to make sure it was full after it shut off and both times it was. (edit) Mine has the 33 gallon tank so wonder if this would make any difference--wouldn't think that it would.

Last edited:

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have only filled mine up twice so far, but it worked fine as I locked the pump handle to the fastest speed and just waited till it shut off. I did check once to make sure it was full after it shut off and both times it was.
Mine has occasional issues as well.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1. Shove the nozzle completely into the fuel neck; as far as it can go. It needs to penetrate a couple of flaps in there.

2. Have the dealer check the EVAP system.

3. If still no good... rotate the handle 180 degrees and fill "upside down"; this seems to do it for most people. I know and I agree, we shouldn't have to do this.

Users who are viewing this thread