5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel Wheel bore size differences - What could I do?

Morenar

Reaction score
I came across a Fuel wheel I like with the right bolt pattern but the rim center bore is 106.10 and I found that the 2021 5.7L center bore is 77.8. Fuel does not make one in our bore size for this rim. Could I possibly buy hub centric rings for this to work?

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was in the exact same boat …. I just received my poly rings from US Wheel Adapters yesterday …. Fuel Avengers …. Same exact size as you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morenar

Reaction score
I was reading more about this and I guess it's common, but see a lot of plastic rings and very few aluminum. Let me know how the poly ones work out. Doesn't Fuel provide the rings?

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes it’s very common. I’ve been running the same plastic rings on three different trucks for 5 years. No issues.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was reading more about this and I guess it's common, but see a lot of plastic rings and very few aluminum. Let me know how the poly ones work out. Doesn't Fuel provide the rings?

Very common, and the rings are a must

I figured there would be a little give and cushion with the poly, and no corrosion like you get when alum sits next to steel

It’s Dec in OH …. They won’t go on till April 1st

3 or 4 different rings in the box ….. None the right size

Morenar

Reaction score
Very common, and the rings are a must

I figured there would be a little give and cushion with the poly, and no corrosion like you get when alum sits next to steel

It’s Dec in OH …. They won’t go on till April 1st

3 or 4 different rings in the box ….. None the right size

US Wheel adapters site is what I was looking at. Did you end up getting custom made by them? I don't see the see 106.10 to 77.8 for the in stock ones.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
US Wheel adapters site is what I was looking at. Did you end up getting custom made by them? I don't see the see 106.10 to 77.8 for the in stock ones.

Yes

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting.

Just stumbled across this because I just picked up my tires to go along with the fuel contra rims I have. It comes with some plastic rings inside the boxes, that I might use.

I have to do some more test fitting to make sure i don't need any central hubs to slide into.

Question/opinions to all.

#1. If the tire sits right on the lugnuts, have you had vibrations on them?

#2. Using the plastic rings...any issues with using those?

#3 or should I just screw it and go for hub centric aluminum ones?

First time doing this setup with aftermarket rims...and since I do some minor offroading, longevity, is important to me. Thx.

P.s. uploading a pic of some quick testing I did not to long ago, but it looks like I need some better angles on the rims to see if I need that ring in there. During this test I was more interested in the lug nuts fitting over the wheel cap. Had to get new lugs to fit
2134cc94ad3a6529373dce865b00b8ca.jpg

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Forgot to add the fuel rings that came in the box. I believe the white ones was the only one that fit...but I just don't know about using platic
0c95c0b473bc443851bc1f3490daf895.jpg

2021 Ram Rebel

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the plastic rings that came with my Fuel rims. Used the white one. No issues what so ever.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the plastic rings that came with my Fuel rims. Used the white one. No issues what so ever.
Cool. How long did you have them for so far? I just might go with them first then maybe later switch them out with metal ones.

2021 Ram Rebel

Jsvt3

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m using the white ones on my current fuel wheels, and used them on my last truck with a different set of fuel wheels. Absolutely no issue with the last truck or this one when it came to these plastic rings.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cool. How long did you have them for so far? I just might go with them first then maybe later switch them out with metal ones.

2021 Ram Rebel

I've had them since May. It fits as it should so the wheel has something to ride on around the hub. it isn't going to move if everything is torqued down as it should be.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I test fit the rings I ordered this weekend …. Everything fits perfect

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I didn’t get mine with my wheels. Looks like I need to call discount tire and find out why they didn’t give them to me.

byebyebowtie

Reaction score
these are just to help you mount the wheels. fuel wheels have tapered lug holes so they will center themselves when you tighten them. They'll be fine with or without the rings. (for whatever its worth i have them on mine)

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
these are just to help you mount the wheels. fuel wheels have tapered lug holes so they will center themselves when you tighten them. They'll be fine with or without the rings. (for whatever its worth i have them on mine)
Yeah, that pretty much matches what I found. I have no issues with vibrations, but it would be nice to not fight a when mounting my 83lb wheel/tire.

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
Definitely use the rings, DO NOT rely solely on the tapered lug holes. I am speaking from experience. If you are using shank style lugs, which these trucks don't use, you would be ok without the rings. But using acorn style lugs, use the rings. You can't torque the lugs all the way to spec while it is up in the air. You need to do it when the weight is on all 4 wheels. Thus the need for the rings. If you don't use them and the weight causes the wheel to shift any, it will cause horrible vibrations. I always use the rings unless I buy hub centric wheels. That is the only time rings shouldn't be used.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definitely use the rings, DO NOT rely solely on the tapered lug holes. I am speaking from experience. If you are using shank style lugs, which these trucks don't use, you would be ok without the rings. But using acorn style lugs, use the rings. You can't torque the lugs all the way to spec while it is up in the air. You need to do it when the weight is on all 4 wheels. Thus the need for the rings. If you don't use them and the weight causes the wheel to shift any, it will cause horrible vibrations. I always use the rings unless I buy hub centric wheels. That is the only time rings shouldn't be used.
Question in regards to type of rings. Does it matter? My fuel rims came with plastic ones. I'm concern they might break from offroad usage (i do mild offroading...nothing crazy) , or melt due to brake heat.

2021 Ram Rebel

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Question in regards to type of rings. Does it matter? My fuel rims came with plastic ones. I'm concern they might break from offroad usage (i do mild offroading...nothing crazy) , or melt due to brake heat.

2021 Ram Rebel

Nope …. No worries …. Use em

Users who are viewing this thread