5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel Variant 20x9 +1 on 295/60 Ridgegrapplers

bobgnarley

Reaction score
Choosing the right wheels and tires for your rig ain't easy. And even with tools like Custom Offsets and this forum, it is hard to know precisely how your setup will look once they are mounted and installed. Pictures help, but you're also at the mercy of the photographer composing the shot well.

I had been considering 20's for a while, but when I saw the new Fuel Variant 20x9 +1 in bronze, it was love at first sight. I wrapped them in Nitto Ridgegrapplers in 295/60R20 with 6mm spacers providing the slightest bit of poke and chub on all four corners. No lift, but my truck has factory air suspension with Revel links set to ~1" rise over the stock rake. No rub with this setup in "normal" or "aero" modes.

IMG_1889.jpg IMG_1801.jpg
IMG_1876.jpg

IndianaRam

Reaction score
Looks good! Fuel makes some really nice rims. I have a set of Fuel Shok in Matte Bronze 18" mounted on tires ready to go on my truck once it comes back from the shop.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very nice, that looks good!

Of course, I may be biased on Max Steel Metallic with bronze wheels 😉

Rebelde21

Reaction score
Looks good!

Any additional pics? Looking for maybe 2 shots...one square shot from the side of the entire truck, and one profile shot to show the slight poke better.

Thanks!

ccf2mb

Reaction score
Looks great! Love the color contrast. Little jealous as I'm still waiting on my wheels. They shipped fast, I'm just impatient. I went with 305/55r20, but now I wish I would have spent some time measuring so I could have gone a little taller!

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looks great! Love the color contrast. Little jealous as I'm still waiting on my wheels. They shipped fast, I'm just impatient. I went with 305/55r20, but now I wish I would have spent some time measuring so I could have gone a little taller!

On a stock Laramie, 295/60x20's might not fit without a little rubbing at full lock. I have 305/55x20 Ridge Grapplers with a 2" leveling kit and they just barely clear the back side of the wheel wells. I realize our offsets are a little different, but it might not matter. Did you get the XL or LT version of the Ridge Grapplers?

ccf2mb

Reaction score
On a stock Laramie, 295/60x20's might not fit without a little rubbing at full lock. I have 305/55x20 Ridge Grapplers with a 2" leveling kit and they just barely clear the back side of the wheel wells. I realize our offsets are a little different, but it might not matter. Did you get the XL or LT version of the Ridge Grapplers?

Motofab 2.5" Level is getting ordered tomorrow. Went with the XLs. Didn't need the LTs right now and plan on taking a road trip to Maine later in the year so maybe retain a slight amount of gas mileage due to weight difference. I've had LTs on every other truck and Jeep so wanted to give these a try.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Motofab 2.5" Level is getting ordered tomorrow. Went with the XLs. Didn't need the LTs right now and plan on taking a road trip to Maine later in the year so maybe retain a slight amount of gas mileage due to weight difference. I've had LTs on every other truck and Jeep so wanted to give these a try.

You'll like the XL's. I went with them this time and the ride is better and the mileage hit was pretty minimal. Maybe 1 mpg.

ccf2mb

Reaction score
You'll like the XL's. I went with them this time and the ride is better and the mileage hit was pretty minimal. Maybe 1 mpg.
Awesome. Glad to hear it. Also glad my inner adult prevailed. I originally thought about going Trails to match the Jeep. Maybe later.
TireComparison.jpg

Rebelde21

Reaction score

Thanks! That looks perfect!

It would be nice if they had this offset (-5 effectively?) rather than requiring the 6mm spacers. At least they are minimal. I'll have to see if they maybe offer this wheel in other offsets.

You mentioned you have factory air plus Revel links that is 1" over stock rake. Is that 1" all around, or just the front (about a 1/2 of a level kit basically)?

bobgnarley

Reaction score
You mentioned you have factory air plus Revel links that is 1" over stock rake. Is that 1" all around, or just the front (about a 1/2 of a level kit basically)?
Just up front; the rear still has the factory links. Honestly, it's a perfect balance for my needs. I had a ReadyLift kit with new UCAs sitting in my garage for a month before deciding to scuttle the plan and stick with the conservative approach. No ragrets.

1658762670373.png

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I have the LT. Interestingly, I haven't observed a delta in MPG despite this tire weighing ~10 lbs more per corner.

I accidentally bought the LT Grapplers for my old Tundra and I took about a 2-3 mpg hit and that was for the same size tire as the stock BFG Rugged Trail T/A's. I think the difference in weight was ~15 lbs per tire. The 305/55x20 Ridge Grappler LT's are 14lbs heavier than the XL's.

Chan_man808

Reaction score
Thanks! That looks perfect!

It would be nice if they had this offset (-5 effectively?) rather than requiring the 6mm spacers. At least they are minimal. I'll have to see if they maybe offer this wheel in other offsets.

I mean let be real here the spacer is 6mm that’s a quarter of an inch, that’s hardly noticeable (for non car junkies 😂). But I agree -5 or -6 would be ideal.

bobgnarley

Reaction score
Agreed. I could do away with the spacers, and it'd still look dope AF. But alas, I'm lazy and disinclined to fiddle with it. Not to hijack this thread, but if I were to spend time doing anything to the truck, it'd be to install the B2 resonator delete kit that's still sitting in the box next to where I stashed the ReadyLift kit in a never-to-be-disclosed wife-oblivious location.

Users who are viewing this thread