5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel tank

Mr. Grumpy

Reaction score
IWhen I was shopping for the truck I bought 2 months ago, it was super aggravating the number of trucks (new and used) that I found that would have been perfect for me, except that they had a smaller tank.
That’s the reason why I didn’t buy the GMC Sierra Denali I was looking at. I liked the interiors and the i6 Diesel engine, but didn’t like the idea of a 26 gal tank.

I like that RAM give you options. You can get different fuel tank sizes, three different end gears, five different engines, and so on.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It’s not the end user, it’s the government. To meet CAFE standards, ALL manufacturers are trying to reduce weight.
So maybe Ram could make all tanks 33g and add a note to the owner's manual stating "For optimum fuel economy, we recommend filling the fuel tank no more than 50%, except under extreme conditions" ;)

Users who are viewing this thread