5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel Tank Skid Plate (26 Gal)

Denali

Reaction score
I'm adding the factory skid plates to my Limited. I'm sorted on the front suspension & transfer case plates, but I'm not clear on the fuel tank parts required.
In the schematic below it shows two cross members (#15 & #16), but not sure if they are needed? If so is one of them an alternate? I'm not quite sure on part #17 either -- attachment-wise. What would be really helpful is to have clear photos or steady sharp video showing this mounted. I tried finding photos and videos of one installed showing these but either the image was cropped or the video was too motion blurred to make anything out. Can anyone help clear this up for me so I can order all the parts in one go. Thanks for any help!

26 gallon tank parts diagram skid plate only.png

397STROKER

Reaction score
Th cross members are not needed. I di mine and you will need 13, 14, 17, and couple other nut and bolts. I don't remember all the parts, but you need a couple of those clip in nuts for part 17 that go in the frame and I believe you need on for the frame for the short mounting point on 13. The 2 long arms on 13 need nuts as the studs are already there that they attach to. Hope this helps. Might want to check a truck out with the skid plate on it to get a better idea.

Users who are viewing this thread