5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel Tank Size recommendation

kjk05006

Reaction score
Likely going to the dealer to place an order for a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited today. Likely build:

- Limited
- 5.7L eTorque
- Black with chrome bumpers
- Level 1 Equipment
- Anti-spin Diff
- Trailer Brake control
- Pano sunroof

I don't tend to drive long distances on a regular basis. I also don't live anywhere extremely rural so gas stations are easily accessible. Trying to decide if it's worth it to pay the $500 for the 33-gal fuel tank upgrade. Thoughts?

Will be my first Ram, getting excited.

Davidmurphy02

Reaction score
I got the 33 gallon tank and it's terrific to have an extended range - means stopping for gas when it's convenient and not really having to worry about how far you can go.

kjk05006

Reaction score
I got the 33 gallon tank and it's terrific to have an extended range - means stopping for gas when it's convenient and not really having to worry about how far you can go.
Do you find a decrease in MPG?

Stratos

Reaction score
Do you tow ? If you do your mileage will be lower so a larger gas tank will equal less gas stops.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 14 Ram had the 32 gallon tank (or 33, whatever it was) and this time around I thought if it had it or not, no big deal. The reason, I always steal ;) my wifes’s gas grocery points but it will only allow you to take 25 gallons and the pump shuts off. After that, the discount is gone so I only ever get 25 gallons.

Sure, this is an eclectic reason but if you’re the husband thief like me ;) there ya go.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 26 is plenty large for me, and provided for 400-500 miles on my 2012, so that's what I got on my 2019 . . . plus, it kept me from $100 fill ups. A lot of stations in our area automatically cut the pump off at this point.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
33 all the way, unless you have one of the previously mentioned afflictions or have the hots for your gas station service girl and like seeing her more than once a week.

Users who are viewing this thread