5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel rebel 18" vs 20"

Jack.

Reaction score
So I've went for my 3rd tire rotation today (since I've gotten the truck) and it seems like everytime they have issues with getting the little weight onto the wheels due to the caliper clearance (I'm currently running the 18s fuel rebel 6). Today after I picked up my truck at like 5pm I noticed that on the front passenger side it was a bit rough and notice there's no weight on it😩. Don't know if it flew off while I was driving or maybe it's perfectly balanced without the weight and the choppiness I'm feeling is just from uneven tirewear. This got me thinking maybe I should upgrade to the fuel rebel 20" wheels, only thing is obviously I will need to get new tires but I also really like the -12 offset and how it looks currently on the truck, the 20s only offer -18 but I think that might be a bit way too aggressive. What are your thoughs, should I just upgrade to 20? If anyone has the 20" -18mm fuel rebel 6, do you mind posting your set up? I'm stock heigh btw.

Edit: Also if i do switch over to 20" -18mm i am considering 285/60r20 tires. From what i understand these should fit without any rubbing but if someone can confirm that would be great!

Last edited:

Jackieee_Ram

Reaction score
So I've went for my 3rd tire rotation today (since I've gotten the truck) and it seems like everytime they have issues with getting the little weight onto the wheels due to the caliper clearance (I'm currently running the 18s fuel rebel 6). Today after I picked up my truck at like 5pm I noticed that on the front passenger side it was a bit rough and notice there's no weight on it😩. Don't know if it flew off while I was driving or maybe it's perfectly balanced without the weight and the choppiness I'm feeling is just from uneven tirewear. This got me thinking maybe I should upgrade to the fuel rebel 20" wheels, only thing is obviously I will need to get new tires but I also really like the -12 offset and how it looks currently on the truck, the 20s only offer -18 but I think that might be a bit way too aggressive. What are your thoughs, should I just upgrade to 20? If anyone has the 20" -18mm fuel rebel 6, do you mind posting your set up? I'm stock heigh btw.

Edit: Also if i do switch over to 20" -18mm i am considering 285/60r20 tires. From what i understand these should fit without any rubbing but if someone can confirm that would be great!
20x10 -18 with Bilstein 6112s at clip 5
305/55
C06D587D-FEE3-4E3A-8818-B02D47B28E98.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread