5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel pre-charge using remote start?

Someolddude

Reaction score
Greetings,
New member, 2020 EcoD.
I've had the vehicle for about a month now and have noticed a couple things I'm curious about.
1) when remote starting the vehicle there's about a 3 second delay with the tank fuel pump running, priming the system, before crank is initiated. This doesn't happen when starting from the dash. Crank is almost immediate when the dash button is pushed. Because of this it seems remote starting would be much better for the HP engine driven pump? Any feelings on this?
2) noting a high pitch whine from the engine compartment that lasts for a few minutes after stopping the engine. Any insight to what this is? Inverter for 115v outlets in truck?
And lastly... where do I get one of these cool stacks for my EcoD?
PXL_20231119_171738935.jpg 😉 JK

daustin

Reaction score
If you don't remote start. I believe the fuel system primes when you open the driver's door.

Someolddude

Reaction score
Ah ha! OK. Def will check that out. That would make sense. Thank you!
Well, spent a bit trying different scenario's and nothin' on my EcoD. The only fuel system pre-prime comes with remote start. Maybe a programming thing? I don't see why they can't have a couple sec crank delay programmed into the cab start button like the remote.
Now that I've seen this, I'm suspicious that this might be contributing to the CP4.2's early demise. Metal on metal hates not being lubricated.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
How cold is it when you remote start? Is it possible its the glo plugs heating up?
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread