5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel line cleaner

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So tried some fuel line cleaner today (seafoam). Didn't realize the gas tank was designed to make you look like and idiot and spill fuel line cleaner all down the side of your truck if you don't have a long funnel. Here's to looking like a complete idiot at Costco.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's your truck telling you to g keep that stuff out of it. ;)

There is no way you should be needing any fuel system additives in a 2019 anything.
I normally do it for peace of mind after an oil change. It's cheap and keeps me feeling like I'm doing something right.

:cool:

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with that. Little early, but if it makes ya feel good. Have at it. As for your paint. Quick clean up on it forsure. And then tuck tail and hide. Haha.
Thanks for the info and sharing, I’m laughing with you not at you. Regardless, you will have helped many a peeps that wouldn’t own up to that oops (y)

Ickabod

Reaction score
So tried some fuel line cleaner today (seafoam). Didn't realize the gas tank was designed to make you look like and idiot and spill fuel line cleaner all down the side of your truck if you don't have a long funnel. Here's to looking like a complete idiot at Costco.
This is why there is a long funnel located under the front passenger seat, so you can add gas from a gas can.

Attachments

• 1555514255716.png
    1555514255716.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Tommym

Reaction score
A big thanks to Ickabod cuz I didn't even know my truck came with a funnel. Also thanks to Bsteiner36 for the topic because I learned something today.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only "new" vehicle I have that doesn't need a funnel is my Jeep. Other than that, everything I've owned since 2008 has had one.

It's also worth maybe flipping through the owners guide..... ;)

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with that. Little early, but if it makes ya feel good. Have at it. As for your paint. Quick clean up on it forsure. And then tuck tail and hide. Haha.
Thanks for the info and sharing, I’m laughing with you not at you. Regardless, you will have helped many a peeps that wouldn’t own up to that oops (y)
I quickly went to get a car wash and cleaned it up. I think others got some good info from this thread glad i could help. I am sure I'm not the only one who tried this.
Speaking of doing things early my Dealer offered to do an oil change at 2200 miles. I laughed at them said my oil % was at 75 and No Thanks. They said they recommend every 3000. Yikes.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I quickly went to get a car wash and cleaned it up. I think others got some good info from this thread glad i could help. I am sure I'm not the only one who tried this.
Speaking of doing things early my Dealer offered to do an oil change at 2200 miles. I laughed at them said my oil % was at 75 and No Thanks. They said they recommend every 3000. Yikes.
I always get the first oil change done before I hit 3,000 miles. My Corvette had to have it done at 500 miles to keep the warranty.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The capless filler on these new trucks has 2 flapper seals. If you only open the outer flapper, be prepared for a mess.

My additive/injector/valve cleaner of choice is Techron. It has a bottle with a narrow extended neck. I wonder if it's long enough to open both flappers?

I'll test this soon. Here, hold my beer.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The capless filler on these new trucks has 2 flapper seals. If you only open the outer flapper, be prepared for a mess.

My additive/injector/valve cleaner of choice is Techron. It has a bottle with a narrow extended neck. I wonder if it's long enough to open both flappers?

I'll test this soon. Here, hold my beer.
Just use the funnel under the passenger seat. Probably easier than trying to use the bottle.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nah. Used the bottle. Worked like a charm.
adaptive_image.img.png

Didn't even spill the beer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/