5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel injector replacement at 15k miles???

Bajabizzyenjoyer

Reaction score
Just wanted other opinions on this, but I just got my truck about 8/9 months ago and I just went in 5 days ago for my second oil change and they said I would be due to replace my fuel injectors at my next oil change (they explained at 15k miles). That seems extremely early to me but I wanted to get other opinions as this is the first v8/truck I have owned so I thought maybe there is something I just may not be aware of. But yeah, is that normal practice to replace fuel injectors at that low of mileage? Thanks In Advance

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I suspect you misunderstood what the service department was saying. If they legitimately said you need to replace your fuel injectors as part of scheduled maintenance never go to that dealer again.

They are not items that are scheduled to be replaced ever. Only replace upon failure of a particular injector.

Users who are viewing this thread