5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel Filter source?

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Folks,

I've purchased oil filters and engine air filters from dieselfiltersonline.com. Great site, great prices. But those two items are the only filters they carry for my 2021 ecodiesel.

I want to buy some fuel filters and cabin air filters, and I found decent prices at moparpartsgiant.com ... or so I thought.

My $150 order at mpg.com had a $37 shipping and handling surcharge. That, plus tax, pushed my 150 order to 200. Sigh.

I want to stick with oem fuel filters (at least through the engine warranty period). So, where do you go to shop for part 68432442AB?

Thanks.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Folks,

I've purchased oil filters and engine air filters from dieselfiltersonline.com. Great site, great prices. But those two items are the only filters they carry for my 2021 ecodiesel.

I want to buy some fuel filters and cabin air filters, and I found decent prices at moparpartsgiant.com ... or so I thought.

My $150 order at mpg.com had a $37 shipping and handling surcharge. That, plus tax, pushed my 150 order to 200. Sigh.

I want to stick with oem fuel filters (at least through the engine warranty period). So, where do you go to shop for part 68432442AB?

Thanks.
My source is as follows:

Cabin Air Filter

Oil Filter
Shows "Out of Stock" at the moment but they seem to get them in regularly. Don't ask me why the link shows up as Robot/Human...

Fuel Filter

Last edited:
Reactions: c3k

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My source is as follows:

Cabin Air Filter

Oil Filter

Fuel Filter

You have a different part number on that fuel filter...
It'd make sense that mopar makes the same filter to be used across several models and years, but are you SURE it's the right size?

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You have a different part number on that fuel filter...
It'd make sense that mopar makes the same filter to be used across several models and years, but are you SURE it's the right size?
Typically, Mopar will have a part number that ends in AA or AB and then is superseded with the next version being AC. They are the same part number, just a recent version. I'm not a parts guys but I can tell you the AA fits my 2021 Ecodiesel perfectly. Fuel filters (IMHO) are dirt cheap compared to an engine thus I change a heck of a lot sooner than recommended but I sleep better at night.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Typically, Mopar will have a part number that ends in AA or AB and then is superseded with the next version being AC. They are the same part number, just a recent version. I'm not a parts guys but I can tell you the AA fits my 2021 Ecodiesel perfectly. Fuel filters (IMHO) are dirt cheap compared to an engine thus I change a heck of a lot sooner than recommended but I sleep better at night.

Yep, not talking about the AA vs AB, but the digits that precede them. However, I'm seeing on another forum that the 6631 and the 2442 are considered interchangeable.

The two in question are:
6843 2442 AB
6843 6631 AA

Thanks!

(And, like you, I'm an adherent to early filter and fluid swaps. )

n8zcc

Reaction score
Folks,

Thanks.
I just received two fuel filters from dieselfiltersonline.

[68436631AA]2019-up Ram 2500-5500 6.7L Cummins Mopar frame mounted fuel filter 2020 Ram Ram 1500 Fuel Filter 3.0L Eco Diesel N/A

SKU: 68436631AA
2 $84.98

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just received two fuel filters from dieselfiltersonline.

[68436631AA]2019-up Ram 2500-5500 6.7L Cummins Mopar frame mounted fuel filter 2020 Ram Ram 1500 Fuel Filter 3.0L Eco Diesel N/A

SKU: 68436631AA
2 $84.98

Gah. I JUST hung up with Deb. Off to order...

Thanks.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Folks,

Thanks.
Would your local walmart have the filter? I know they carry the mopar oil filters.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I buy my filters from rock auto. My last order they didn't have Mopar but they had a Hastings and Baldwin fuel filter.

It's exactly the same as the Mopar and even has the same yellow writing on the top. Made in America too.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Always check your local dealer. Every part I’ve ordered so far has matched or beaten online parts resellers. Added bonus, no shipping costs.

Users who are viewing this thread