5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel filter replacement interval-Mopar just changed the owner's manual

TSL

Reaction score
I just got the HPFP recall done and the fuel filter changed. First fuel filter change on this truck at 12k miles, I thought it made sense to start off with a new filter with the new pump.
However, like another person said in this thread I think this will be the first and last time I let this dealer, or I guess any dealer, change the fuel filter. $283.99 is just utterly crazy. Even the filter itself at $88.99 seems way over priced. I just googled the part number from my invoice ( 68436631AA ) and I see it in a couple places for $55.
I also got an addendum to my owners manual reducing the fuel filter interval to match the oil change interval of a max of 10,000 miles.
They also seem very concerned about bio-diesel usage and have a bunch of information about that too

Attachments

• AddendumNotice.pdf
    111.4 KB · Views: 6
  • ManualUpdates_and_BioDiesel_Notice.pdf
    407.3 KB · Views: 3
  • FuelFilterChangeInvoice.pdf
    328.8 KB · Views: 3

70runner

Reaction score
My oil change intervals have always been 5K. Served me well through modern trucks and older mopars as well. Given the emphasis on fuel quality in the EDs, decided to change the fuel filter at every other oil change, 10K intervals, which I guess is now the new HPFP spec. Just finished 2nd fuel filter change at 20.5K. Filter was clean, no water. 10min job when its on the lift. Buy mopar oil and fuel filters at dieselfiltersonline.com, about $55 per. If you buy enough, free shipping. Oh, and add a few oz of Hot Shot at fillups.
truck2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread