5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel efficient 22 in AT tires

grimas2

Reaction score
Hello! I am wanting to get some 22 in AT tires for my 22 Longhorn Ram 1500. The stock Pirelli verde is a nice riding tire but I'd like something just a little more aggressive for occaisional light offroad. I am in Mississippi so snow is not an issue but I will be in some light mud..... I ran Bridgestone Revo 3 on my last few GMC sierras and really like the way they rode and handled. The Revo 3 is not available in a 22 in tire and I am considering the Continental TerrainContact AT as it looks very similar. The Continental tire seems to get good ratings. Does anyone have any experience with that tire and if there will be a sharp decrease in gas mileage? Thanks so much and happy trucking !!

Last edited:

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have not used a continental truck tire. They make a decent car tire though.

My last set were Firestones. They did well and I got about 50k out of them. I went with a heavier more aggressive Duratrac this time. They were better on a Jeep I had. I should have stuck with the Firestones. They handled better an got 1 mpg better to.

I had the Bridgestones you mention on my Frontier. They were a great tire. They don't come in truck size though. They only go up to 33s.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you can find a 4 ply tire, that will give you the best MPG

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello! I am wanting to get some 22 in AT tires for my 22 Longhorn Ram 1500. The stock Pirelli verde is a nice riding tire but I'd like something just a little more aggressive for occaisional light offroad. I am in Mississippi so snow is not an issue but I will be in some light mud..... I ran Bridgestone Revo 3 on my last few GMC sierras and really like the way they rode and handled. The Revo 3 is not available in a 22 in tire and I am considering the Continental TerrainContact AT as it looks very similar. The Continental tire seems to get good ratings. Does anyone have any experience with that tire and if there will be a sharp decrease in gas mileage? Thanks so much and happy trucking !!
This isn't very helpful, but until you get more responses, I'll say that I had those Continentals on a 1995 Grand Cherokee (later in its life) and liked them. I don't recall any significant mileage differences versus other tires the Jeep had, like an earlier version of the Revo, though with the 5.2 V8, it wasn't getting great mileage to begin with. I did have to take it up a steep, very muddy, forest service road and made it up with just a little "excitement."

grimas2

Reaction score
A little excitement aint too bad! I had a 97 Grand Cherokee with the same engine and similar tires (wild country). I don't remember the gas mileage being too bad and those tire really rode well on the highway!

gtd887a

Reaction score
I have the Continental ATs on my 2019 Laramie and recommend them. Ride well, wear well, and perform well on the highway (mileage wise). It's a nice look as well, not too aggressive but juuust right.

Users who are viewing this thread