5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel Economy Screen

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Today I reset the trip odometer when I filled up. I made a couple short trips so my trip mpg was about 9 but the fuel economy screen was at 21ish. (I just got back from a long trip) This afternoon, I drove to Las Vegas. The gap between trip and average economy kept shrinking and they finally read the same at 165 miles. Whether it goes by mileage or minutes run, I couldn't say. But I intend to top off and test it again on the drive home.
It only took 68 miles to equalize on the way home, so there goes that idea.

Bengel

Reaction score
I was wondering about the total fuel economy. Is there a total fuel economy for all kilometers or miles driven?

tul9033

Reaction score
I was wondering about the total fuel economy. Is there a total fuel economy for all kilometers or miles driven?
No, but you can track it with several apps on your phone. I use the Carfax app.
I let my trip 2 just run without resetting it, but I think it does reset on it's own at 10,000 miles.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No, but you can track it with several apps on your phone. I use the Carfax app.
I let my trip 2 just run without resetting it, but I think it does reset on it's own at 10,000 miles.
Agreed. I use Fuelly (see signature).

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online