5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Windshield Ceramic Window Film

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Clear ceramic on mine, $175, noticeable difference in heat gain. No idea on if covered by insurance replacement, don't really care.

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Went up a couple levels all around with the tint on my new truck vs my previous vehicle, went for ceramic and the windshield. Got llumar ctx ceramic, 35F/50R, and air 80 ceramic on the windshield. I felt the difference the next morning when I was sitting at a stop light and my hand barely felt warm in the direct sunlight, I think it was worth it.
Cost was $475 to do all the windows

tul9033

Reaction score
Took the plunge and got Air80 on the windshield. Paid $194 OTD.
While not a HUGE improvement, I'd say easily 50% better.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Glad I’m not the only one who feels this way. Seems like everyone online claims it’s magic.

R

Rob5589

Glad I’m not the only one who feels this way. Seems like everyone online claims it’s magic.
Oh, it's magic my man! :LOL: It certainly helped but it isn't going to turn the cab into an arctic zone. I'd say 50% better is about right. Which is great because that windshield is simply , yuuuuuuge!

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The water issue is a real issue on FCA vehicles, the installer has to be aware of it to prevent any issues.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had crystalline 70 applied and I feel it made a huge improvement at reducing the sun exposure. My installer was well aware of the potential electronic issues and did a great job. I do notice a little rainbow effect with my polarized Oakley’s but nothing at night. Those who did tint the front are you also using a sunshade or do you feel the leather dash is protected enough with just the tint?

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had crystalline 70 applied and I feel it made a huge improvement at reducing the sun exposure. My installer was well aware of the potential electronic issues and did a great job. I do notice a little rainbow effect with my polarized Oakley’s but nothing at night. Those who did tint the front are you also using a sunshade or do you feel the leather dash is protected enough with just the tint?

I’d be curious to try this, to see if it seems any better than air 80.

The sunshade is a MUST in my opinion, for temp alone. My dash was still uncomfortably hot in my old truck with the air80, but it was an XLT so it had the plastic dash not the soft finish leather deal.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’d be curious to try this, to see if it seems any better than air 80.

The sunshade is a MUST in my opinion, for temp alone. My dash was still uncomfortably hot in my old truck with the air80, but it was an XLT so it had the plastic dash not the soft finish leather deal.
My dash and steering wheel is fine to the touch. In my Caddy I had before I could barely touch the steering wheel when coming out at lunch it was so hot so I believe the Crystalline is working well.

R

Rob5589

I still use a reflective shade when parked for longer durations. If a quick run into the store or similar I don't use it. Few weeks ago it was 100+ and the steering wheel was touchable without burning my hands without the shade up.

Fidomac

Reaction score
The giant front windshield is cooking me like an ant under a magnifying glass.
Has anyone added clear ceramic film to the front glass? Considering Llumar Air 80 at a cost of $200. I did see one person complain on another forum a few years back of some sort of halo effect at night which would be a big no go for me.
Has anyone done it? Recommend it or not?
I would consider getting the upgrade on the AC first there's a service bulletin that address poorly performing AC. it greatly helped my comfort level.......hey from south tulsa

tul9033

Reaction score
I would consider getting the upgrade on the AC first there's a service bulletin that address poorly performing AC. it greatly helped my comfort level.......hey from south tulsa
Wonder when the TSB came out. My truck was built July 2019, probably one of the last 2019's to come off the line . I have to pretty much keep my temp at 60F to keep it cool. Does anyone happen to have the TSB #?

Ramster

Reaction score
Wonder when the TSB came out. My truck was built July 2019, probably one of the last 2019's to come off the line . I have to pretty much keep my temp at 60F to keep it cool. Does anyone happen to have the TSB #?

Mine was also built in July 2019. While I can't say my air is horrible as some have claimed it's not that bad either. Why do we have to have TSB numbers anyway? Aren't the dealerships supposed to receive these from the manufacturer or do we have to treat them as shysters and have proof?

tul9033

Reaction score
I'm sure the dealer would address it. I was really just wanting to read the TSB description and fix.
My AC is not horrible either, I need to get a reading on the temps coming out at MAX AC. My real issue is having it set to 60 on the hot days and then leaving for work the next morning before the sun comes up and being too cool. It would be nice for the actual temp setting to keep you at that temp, but 68 on a 95 degree day is not sufficient.

Mine was also built in July 2019. While I can't say my air is horrible as some have claimed it's not that bad either. Why do we have to have TSB numbers anyway? Aren't the dealerships supposed to receive these from the manufacturer or do we have to treat them as shysters and have proof?

Users who are viewing this thread