5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front window tint %

JLUR_

Reaction score
I just got mine done this weekend - 20% matches pretty dang close.

Off topic but can I ask what your tow/payload numbers are on your door sticker? I just ordered a Laramie pretty similar to yours and would like to be able to plan ahead a little.

Creep0321

Reaction score
Off topic but can I ask what your tow/payload numbers are on your door sticker? I just ordered a Laramie pretty similar to yours and would like to be able to plan ahead a little.
Just realized we ordered almost the same day, check your status I was D1 today! Unless you really ordered in 2018... ha

knightro84

Reaction score

Max payload per the door sticker is 1,298 lbs

Jsvt3

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My 4th gen had 5% all around with a 5% strip. Looked great but as I get older I went a little lighter on the 5th gen. 20% all around and no strip on the windshield. I’ll post a pic up later today.

Creep0321

Reaction score
Yup I like it! I told the dealer to get the local shop to add 20% after it gets delivered, before I pick it up.

Creep0321

Reaction score
My 4th gen had 5% all around with a 5% strip. Looked great but as I get older I went a little lighter on the 5th gen. 20% all around and no strip on the windshield. I’ll post a pic up later today.
For clarification, did you add 20% over the rears or only the front 2 door windows?

Jsvt3

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For clarification, did you add 20% over the rears or only the front 2 door windows?

Over the rears as well. 20% on the front only wouldn't have darkened it up quite enough for me. I’m trying to be practical but not too practical. Haha.

Creep0321

Reaction score
Over the rears as well. 20% on the front only wouldn't have darkened it up quite enough for me. I’m trying to be practical but not too practical. Haha.
Any problems with vision at night? Maybe I should do the 20% everywhere instead of just the front doors? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .... I guess it would help when the kids are in the back seat...

Jsvt3

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Any problems with vision at night? Maybe I should do the 20% everywhere instead of just the front doors? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .... I guess it would help when the kids are in the back seat...

No, I have no issues at all. That’s just me though. Also remember I was used to 5% everywhere so my opinion may be different than someone who didn’t have tinted windows previously.

That being said, I say do it lol. I did 20% on all windows on my wife’s 18’ Grand Cherokee and she handles it like a boss.

naylor07

Reaction score
Anyone have an pictures of 10% on the fronts? That is usually what I like to get.

sgtsodo

Reaction score
My guy put 35% on the rears and 15% on the front. Looks great. Front window are a BIT lighter, but very close.

Last edited:

JLUR_

Reaction score
My guy out 35% on the rears and 15% on the front. Looks great. Front window are a BIT lighter, but very close.
That's really close to what I'm going with. I've been working with my tint guy who has done a few of these Ram's and he says that 15% front and 50% rear will match perfectly.

sgtsodo

Reaction score
Here is my 35 rear and 15 front in my garage. Not an ideal place for a picture, I’ll try to take one tomorrow in the daylight(supposed to rain all day).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 133

Ringer

Reaction score
20% all around. 35% on front, should have went 20%. It's stil almost impossbile to see in.

LED_FRONT.jpg BEST_PASSENGER_SIDE.jpg BEST_PASSENGER_SIDE.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread