5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front wheel stud replacement

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
Last night while changing my oil and rotating my tires I noticed one of my wheel studs on the front left wheel is a bit bent. I've always torqued to the recommended 130-135 ft/lbs so I am not sure how this happened.

In terms of replacement, is it as straightforward as removing the wheel, removing the caliper/rotor/bracket, and hammering the old stud out? Tightening in a new one?

Any tips tricks to be aware of?

Seems like a few folks on here have had to do it in order to accommodate wheel spacers.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Last night while changing my oil and rotating my tires I noticed one of my wheel studs on the front left wheel is a bit bent. I've always torqued to the recommended 130-135 ft/lbs so I am not sure how this happened.

In terms of replacement, is it as straightforward as removing the wheel, removing the caliper/rotor/bracket, and hammering the old stud out? Tightening in a new one?

Any tips tricks to be aware of?

Seems like a few folks on here have had to do it in order to accommodate wheel spacers.
No need to replace lugs for spacers. But uesz it should be that easy. Although not that easy to get the old stud out and new one "pressed" back in. I would not use the stock lug nuts to do this as they are a softer material and you risk damaging them.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
No need to replace lugs for spacers. But uesz it should be that easy. Although not that easy to get the old stud out and new one "pressed" back in. I would not use the stock lug nuts to do this as they are a softer material and you risk damaging them.

I think 1-2 people on here have had to do it to put TRX wheels on. Any tips tricks? It seems like the main concern is an opening behind the hub to remove and replace the lugs.

I shouldn't need to remove the hub, right?

Users who are viewing this thread