5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front valance lower side tips?

renzo2213

Reaction score
I’ve seen a bunch of people’s trucks and a lot of them don’t curve down on the sides like mine does. Anyone have a flat valance or one like mine? I think it’s very annoying as it’s so low to the ground, it scrapes and gets caught on those parking stones or sidewalks depending how it’s parked. I was just looking at other pictures of these trucks and I haven’t seen many with it. Any info would be great, TIA!
ea074f4fdcfad98cff65f6b782580877.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dynamite

Reaction score
I only saw the curve ones before on Long Horns and Limiteds i think it looks pretty cool. Mine is also flat.

20200205_134257.jpg

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Damn.... I never noticed that, thanks. Now I can’t unsee it. . Just level it and you won’t hit anything.... I haven’t yet.

Attachments

• F92A88D7-5436-44DE-B7A8-473050554665.jpeg
    F92A88D7-5436-44DE-B7A8-473050554665.jpeg
    206.2 KB · Views: 53

renzo2213

Reaction score
That’s very strange how they just put whatever on whatever truck lol but I will be lifting it a bit, I just don’t know whether I should go with a 2.5” front level and a 1” block on the back or a full 3.5” RC or RL kit. But I heard those mess up the angles up front for the cv and other things

79 300

Reaction score
I think if you have the active air dam, you get the curved ends. If you have air suspension, you do not get the active air dam and get the straight ends.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My limited is flat. Someone on here has an air suspension truck with the active air dam still so maybe that’s why some with air suspension have the curved one.

renzo2213

Reaction score
Just back into parking spaces....... Problem solved.

The only time I pull into a space is with one-way angled parking.

Some places in Boston you can’t back into it, I normally back into spaces but depending on the kind of parking I have to pull in forward

renzo2213

Reaction score
I think if you have the active air dam, you get the curved ends. If you have air suspension, you do not get the active air dam and get the straight ends.

The limited comes with air suspension and still has it, my Laramie doesn’t have air suspension and it still has the curved end. I think they just kind of threw whatever was next to them on there lol

Dynamite

Reaction score

My Laramie has straight ends with the active air dam... No air suspension.

renzo2213

Reaction score
I think that trucks with the active air dams are supposed to come with it so that whenever it does deploy, it looks like a straight piece underneath. But seeing that some trucks with air suspension has the curve, that’s not the case. Unless they just put the wrong part on

renzo2213

Reaction score
Im wondering who can dechiper the riddle... Maybe @PorBoy perhaps @Neurobit. :ROFLMAO:

The way FCA has been with these trucks, they probably just though “hm, you look like you’re going to be bought by someone who needs the clearance of a truck. Let’s add this balance that drops the front height by 2-3”... maybe they’ll love it.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online