5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Tow Hooks

Reaction score
Hello, I tried to find the part numbers on here but there have been so many part numbers I don't know what is right.

These numbers were posted by a member in 2020.

DTTOWHOOKBLK Kit includes (this kit is for black hooks)
68272945AB - left tow hook
68272944AB - right tow hook
6508668AA (x2) - bolts x2

DTTOWBEZELKIT includes
68274701AB - left and right tow hook bezels
68368950AA - hardware (how many do you need?)

Can anyone confirm these numbers are correct for the body colour matched front bumper, I have the Canadian 2019 Ram Sport model in blue.

I want to order these parts, RockAuto seems to be the cheapest place to buy them.

Last edited:

2020Big4x4Horn

Reaction score
Looks right if I remember correct. Also check Icon motorsports I believe. They have a tow hook set that look just like factory.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
My local dealer will sell me all the parts for $300cdn tax in (originally wanted $350 plus taxes but got him to price match online Rockauto pricing)...

I just want to make sure these are the correct parts, and not Rebel parts and also how many nut push parts (68368950AA) I need, but they are cheap so don't matter..

$237amr is the equivalent to $300cdn..

Then I would debate to have them powder coated RED (stand out) or BLUE (match the truck) or black... Depends on cost though don't want $500 tow hooks

Warmonkey497

Reaction score
I removed them myself and had them powder coated locally. $10.00 each, super cheap.

Attachments

• red.jpg
    red.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 131
Reaction score
I removed them myself and had them powder coated locally. $10.00 each, super cheap.

Yeah I am going to call around for powder coating to see what the price is, if it's reasonable I'll pay. If not then I am fine with getting colour matched painted and some primer and do it myself.

Reaction score
Well got the hooks installed, very easy. Even easier as I have the active air dam removed. For some reason my factory bezels didn't have the push nuts on them, but they are on the new bezels.

The only thing I wish when it comes to the bezels. I wish the Rebel ones would fit, I like how they have a cut out where the hook goes in. Whereas these ones are just open, but from my searching around the Rebel ones mount a little differently. I may end up getting rubber mat (which I have) and cut it the same shape of the Bezel and attached it in behind somehow. With just a slit cut in it for the hook.

Now the debate is. Do I powder coat them blue to match the truck or leave the black? Hmmm... I like the red but don't want them to completely stand out plus may not look good on blue truck with red hooks.

20210415_170501.jpg

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well got the hooks installed, very easy. Even easier as I have the active air dam removed. For some reason my factory bezels didn't have the push nuts on them, but they are on the new bezels.

The only thing I wish when it comes to the bezels. I wish the Rebel ones would fit, I like how they have a cut out where the hook goes in. Whereas these ones are just open, but from my searching around the Rebel ones mount a little differently. I may end up getting rubber mat (which I have) and cut it the same shape of the Bezel and attached it in behind somehow. With just a slit cut in it for the hook.

Now the debate is. Do I powder coat them blue to match the truck or leave the black? Hmmm... I like the red but don't want them to completely stand out plus may not look good on blue truck with red hooks.

View attachment 89834
I vote leave them black.

41magmag41

Reaction score
I went with factory chrome ones, since I have a chrome package.

Reaction score
I vote leave them black.
I'm sorta leaning that way, I'm not sure if it would be too much blue or not.

Red hooks on patriot blue looks good IMHO...

View attachment 89836

Yeah thanks, I seen your truck while searching red hooks. Your blue is a lot darker then the pearl blue. I do like the red hooks, but I worry that the red would be too eye catching. I feel the red hooks divert your attention to them and your focused on the hooks and not the truck as a whole.

Looks good though.

Users who are viewing this thread