5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Speaker Issues Need Help

Emarkowski24

Reaction score
Hey all wondering if anyone else has had this issue/knows what my best route might be.

I have a 2019 big horn and when I got the car in 4 years ago I upgraded the 8.4 to a 12 inch screen. Upgraded all the speakers to kickers (base 6 speaker system.) A few months ago I lost sound to both my front driver and passenger speakers. Thought I had blown the speakers and took off door panels and replaced. Still not working with the brand new speakers. I checked around on the forums and check both panels for water damage (none), did a reset on the system (no luck), disconnect my battery overnight (still no luck). What are my options here? Do I take it to an audio shop? Dealership? Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thank you.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you have the stock amplified system, maybe your OEM amp is fried. I fried mines installing a JBL 8 ch. amp. No doors, no dash, just sub.
Ended up getting a refurbished one off of eBay and shelved the install for now. Been good since. Not sure if same issue, but good place to look, since you already tried changing speakers with no change. Hope that helps, good luck brother. 🤙🏽

Emarkowski24

Reaction score
Location of stock amp? Could mine not have one or is that not possible? And how would I go about checking if it’s not good anymore?

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It should be under your driver seat. Although, I have the 12.0 Alpine system and am not sure how different it is from the 8.4.
I can’t think of an easy way to find out if it’s fried, other than to buy a used one off eBay and swap it out. All other means would involve some work and the right equipment. I knew I fried mines, so was kinda a no brainer for me. Good luck…👍

Users who are viewing this thread