5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front skid plate after airdam removal??

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
Has any one found a front skid plate that goes with the stock bumper set up for our trucks? Not looking to change th bumper just want a skid plate so nothing flies up into the engine bay

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not yet. I doubt there's anything out there that you can buy. I'll probably end up making something when the weather warms up enough for me to get back into my shop. I did see one that someone posted a few months ago that they had made themselves. Sorry, I don't remember which thread that was in though.

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
Not yet. I doubt there's anything out there that you can buy. I'll probably end up making something when the weather warms up enough for me to get back into my shop. I did see one that someone posted a few months ago that they had made themselves. Sorry, I don't remember which thread that was in though.
Where are you located? I’d like to see how yours comes out and maybe you can make a extra one and I’d cover th cost haha if I was in th position or even knew how to make something like this I would’ve been on it myself.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Where are you located? I’d like to see how yours comes out and maybe you can make a extra one and I’d cover th cost haha if I was in th position or even knew how to make something like this I would’ve been on it myself.
I'm in SE Washington State. I'll post pics if/when I make something that looks presentable LOL.

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
I'm in SE Washington State. I'll post pics if/when I make something that looks presentable LOL.
Haha ok yea I’m in Southern California, whenever you make a prototype keep me posted..

U

User_21361

I’m in Seattle, I would be very interested as well. There was someone in Arizona in the Rebel section looking at something as well.

I love the ADD bumper for the skid plate but have no need or desire to put a light bar on the front.

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
Hey man just following up, it already HOT in California. So I’m hoping it’s hotter where you’re and you have the skid plate mocked up and ready to send to me lol

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hey man just following up, it already HOT in California. So I’m hoping it’s hotter where you’re and you have the skid plate mocked up and ready to send to me lol
Haha...Eastern WA. No, it hasn't warmed up here yet. Probably still at least a month out.

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
Haha...I'm not guaranteeing I'll have it finished in a month, just that I might be able to working on it then. I have enough deadlines at work...I'm not giving myself deadlines at home LOL.
No I understated lol I’m just trying to “plant” the thought of it in tour head so it sneaks it’s way into your busy schedule ahaha thanks again

U

User_21361

No I understated lol I’m just trying to “plant” the thought of it in tour head so it sneaks it’s way into your busy schedule ahaha thanks again

Same and I would happily make the drive to come pick it up!

Good luck. I’m following closely

Users who are viewing this thread