5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Sensors on Laramie

Donmacky

Reaction score
I see 6 different sensors on the front of my Laramie. 2 on each fog light and 2 in the middle small grill portion of the bumper. Does anyone know what the 2 sensors in the center are for? I assume the Adapter Cruise Control, but not sure. I think I have found a grill guard & winch mount that fits, but it will obscure these sensors. They make brackets for relocating sensors on the grill guard but not sure if they would work with the adaptive cruise control.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I doubt they are for ACC since my Laramie doesn't have that, but does have all six sensors you listed. I assumed all six are for park assist.

Tomcat68

Reaction score
All 6 are for park assist. If you have ACC, you will see a larger black 'globe' in the middle that is for that. There are also a couple sensors in the rear view window.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Donmacky

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I think the ACC is the large black thing in the windshield in front of the rear view mirror. If the sensors are for park assist, I assume moving them to the grill guard in the sensor brackets would still allow them to work. The outer sensors would not be obstructed by the grill guard. Pic below is not my truck but the same grill guard mounted on a Gen 5.

Attachments

• image001.png
    image001.png
    484 KB · Views: 17

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I think the ACC is the large black thing in the windshield in front of the rear view mirror. If the sensors are for park assist, I assume moving them to the grill guard in the sensor brackets would still allow them to work. The outer sensors would not be obstructed by the grill guard. Pic below is not my truck but the same grill guard mounted on a Gen 5.
Agreed. It only makes sense to move them to the grille guard, since you'll be extending the length of the truck by that much more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online