5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Sensors going off in reverse when towing?

ram1991

Reaction score
Boat hooked up, in tow/haul mode, rear sensors turned off, front sensors on When I reverse with the boat in wide open areas the front sensors start alerting red and orange showing something up front when nothing is close. Thoughts?

mjamesgt

Reaction score
I have the same when backing down a boat ramp, i turn off all the sensors when I have the boat at the ramp.

ram1991

Reaction score
If its supposed to do this, not sure what its warning me about.

ABQ Mike

Reaction score
If its supposed to do this, not sure what its warning me about.
It could be the angle at which the sensors are aiming due to the load on the back of the truck changing the driving angle. Does your truck sag a lot in the back when towing ? I did a rear level kit on my truck and my issue is even a curb 4 feet away makes the truck lock the brakes up for impact, or even a slight dip in the road when backing up. I like that the sensors can detect vehicles coming and going in cross traffic, but I think they are bit too sensitive for my liking.

Users who are viewing this thread