5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front seat swap question

chewmeista

Reaction score
This might sound ridiculous, but I'm thinking to change my driver's seat, cloth with heated seats for a cloth non heated seats seat. My chair is very uncomfortable and my dad's non heated seat same year is way more comfortable. Will I run into any issues since the heated seats button won't do anything any more? I don't want the ecu or anything else to freak out.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This might sound ridiculous, but I'm thinking to change my driver's seat, cloth with heated seats for a cloth non heated seats seat. My chair is very uncomfortable and my dad's non heated seat same year is way more comfortable. Will I run into any issues since the heated seats button won't do anything any more? I don't want the ecu or anything else to freak out.
Maybe you should try sitting in another truck with heated seats to see if the heater is the difference or you just have a messed up seat.

Av1

Reaction score

It's not ridiculous. That may be a solution for your discomfort, but I don't know if you will have any issues. Unplug your current seat and see.

I'm always curious about the folks with comfort issues with the Ram seats. Is it mostly big folks that have problems or maybe certain back ailments? They seem comfortable to me even with some back issues.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's not ridiculous. That may be a solution for your discomfort, but I don't know if you will have any issues. Unplug your current seat and see.

I'm always curious about the folks with comfort issues with the Ram seats. Is it mostly big folks that have problems or maybe certain back ailments? They seem comfortable to me even with some back issues.
Depends on what you mean big. No foot rest for the left foot and very hard seat so a number. My seats are much better after a year and a half but without a dead pedal anything more then 30 minutes really sucked. Cloth seats don't seem to need to break in like my leather ones, they put way too much foam on the sides, like it was designed for the Asian market. By far the worst seats I have ever had in a car/truck.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

No issues for me. I'm 6 foot and 275 lbs. My Ram is the most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned. I've done multiple 17 hour drives with no issues. I have cloth, heated seats.

Users who are viewing this thread