5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Seat Desk

Lew

Reaction score
I work from home, and let’s put home in quotes, because I’m often wandering around in my truck instead.

I would like to be able to work effectively from the front seat of my truck. Either the drivers or the passenger seat. Has anybody put together a front seat desk anyone have any ideas?

Ford now has the center console convertible to a worksurface, but I really don’t wanna work turned 60° to my right, and besides who wants to drive a Ford right?
73624545d521c11dfb4776134337a9fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Google “steering wheel desk” and “Ram laptop mount”. The Ram laptop mount looks like a much better idea, but the steering wheel desk is cheap.

Lew

Reaction score
I’ve seen some of the steering wheel desks, but there’s not enough room between me and the steering wheel for a decent work surface. I think I need something in the passenger side.

Lew

Reaction score
Google “steering wheel desk” and “Ram laptop mount”. The Ram laptop mount looks like a much better idea, but the steering wheel desk is cheap.

Yeah, the RAM mount might be the thing, but what are you supposed to use for a mouse pad surface?

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Would either of these work for you? Lol for a while I was always eating lunch in my truck so I bought the first one and I gotta say it works well lol

Attachments

• 96C60E0D-07C2-4AD4-A3DF-73E28C32E961.png
    96C60E0D-07C2-4AD4-A3DF-73E28C32E961.png
    338.4 KB · Views: 40
  • E27C2BD2-EDCA-4F4F-942F-C36D643E335F.png
    E27C2BD2-EDCA-4F4F-942F-C36D643E335F.png
    419.5 KB · Views: 41

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah, the RAM mount might be the thing, but what are you supposed to use for a mouse pad surface?

Have you ever used a trackball mouse? I use one. It is stationary and you roll the ball with your thumb. It can set anywhere.

If you are in an office it keeps people off your computer too since most can't grasp how to use it.😉

sd2134

Reaction score
You might look into a passenger seat swivel mount similar to those used in police vehicles. The down side is that it is in the way when carrying passengers. You might find one with a quick removable pole and dock that leaves the floor mount in place.

For ideas, look at something similar to these kits.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I used to work at a bus station for a major city and would retrofit Explorers with laptop mounts that the supervisors would use to drive around and work off a laptop and be tracked by our GPS software.
They are kind of expensive but work great, and yes you are expected to use the touchpad as there is no mouse pad.
You could just put a mousepad on the center console and use that

You would be able to angle it to be in front of the Radio.

Honestly you might want to get a laptop that doesn't have a crappy touchpad. There are lots of laptops with touchpads that are just as good as a mouse for 99% of work (not gaming though)

Looks like this is the one for the Ram 1500s

Just FYI they are ugly as sin. Thick black plastic claps, etc.

Reactions: Lew

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online