5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front right door and dash speaker not playing

P Palmer

Reaction score
Hi all. I am having an issue with my front right channel not playing on the base 6 system. I just installed an audio control lc2i to my existing subwoofer setup - 2 Rockford Fosgate 10” P3s and an Alpine MV500 amp.

I previously used high level speaker inputs straight to the amp from the front 2 channels. I also have the PAC ANC bypass. I added the lc2i to try to restore some of the lost bass signal I was experiencing. While tweaking and tuning the subs, I noticed that my front right channel no longer plays. It even doesn’t play when I unhook the subwoofer altogether.

Is it possible that I blew a fuse or something simple like that? I’m afraid that I may have fried that channel somehow and may get to purchase a new stereo, which would suck. However, maybe one of you guys have experienced this.

This is by far the most aggravating stereo system I’ve ever dealt with in 30+ years of messing with car audio.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Seadweller23

Reaction score
I have a similar situation. I only experience very low volume on Blue tooth in the passenger dash and door. Radio Sirius and Flash drives all play well with all speakers. I suspect the fix will be to remove the positive connection on the battery for about 30 minutes and try again. I have not done anything yet as I have an appointment with a dealer next Friday, 7/10.

P Palmer

Reaction score
So after letting the truck sit overnight, the system must have reset itself because everything is working properly now. Very strange. One another note, my bass response is much better in the subs when one rca is left unplugged to the lc2i. Maybe I have something wired incorrectly, but I know my taps to the front speakers are good. Again, very strange. Good luck with yours!

Seadweller23

Reaction score
There is another post about no sound on the forum today. There is a reset button at the bottom of the apps menu that you can try next time. Apparently a known issue for awhile.

P Palmer

Reaction score
Thanks. So, everything was good with the stereo and all of the sudden this afternoon the front right went out again. I shut the truck off and waited an hour. Went back out in the driveway and it reset again and was playing normally for about 2 minutes and it went back out again. I have no idea why it would do that. I’m leaning towards the stereo needs a reflash or update. This is a 2020 Bighorn.

Seadweller23

Reaction score
Thanks. So, everything was good with the stereo and all of the sudden this afternoon the front right went out again. I shut the truck off and waited an hour. Went back out in the driveway and it reset again and was playing normally for about 2 minutes and it went back out again. I have no idea why it would do that. I’m leaning towards the stereo needs a reflash or update. This is a 2020 Bighorn.
Me too. My Bluetooth works sporadically now, same prob. With low sound on the right side. I have an appt. with the Dealer next Friday. Ram Cares (Alison) followed up with me on this. I will reply all with what happens. Cheers

P Palmer

Reaction score
So, I believe I figured out my problem. I decided to tap my rear speakers instead of the front speakers. Now everything seems to be working fine and I don’t have the wonky issue of having to unplug one of the rca cables for the sound to be correct.

My guess is the front channels must not like being tapped due to the polarity “flip flop” on the door speakers or the impedance differences - not sure. At any rate, it seems good now.

So, if adding a sub amp to the factory 6 speaker setup, I would advise tapping the rear channels and not the front. Maybe this will help someone avoid the frustrations I had.

Seadweller23

Reaction score
Just an update on my issue with the low level of sound on the front passenger dash and door on Blue Tooth and Apple Car Play only: Ram Cares has been in touch with my local dealer and they did some troubleshooting without success on July 10th. I have an appointment on July 23rd where they will be doing additional troubleshooting. I appreciate that Ram Cares is helping, and the dealership is taking the issue seriously. Will keep you posted. Thanks

Seadweller23

Reaction score
I learned a lot today as my Dealership did more troubleshooting on my Bluetooth issue on my 2020 Ram. On BlueTooth, my passenger side dash and front door speaker project low volume sound. My Truck audio is working as intended. Turns out my I Phone 7 is the culprit, lowering the blue tooth sound on the front passenger dash and door speaker. This is by design. Note: The 2019 model year has an IPhone fix for this, but the iPhone still lowers the front speaker sound. I like to play Spotify from my phone via BlueTooth. I have tested multiple Android phones successfully with great sound. I will be switching to an Android phone. Thanks to Ram Cares and my Dealership for their efforts. This was a difficult problem.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread