5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Regear

MaxiSteel

Reaction score
Hey all, I cannot find a thread for the life of me about regearing the front of a 2019 1500. I do recall reading somewhere(I think) that the front diff needed swapping from a previous gen. Can anyone enlighten me on this process or if that’s even true?

if this thread is in the wrong location my apologies, don’t create many threads. Or if someone knows of a thread that already exists on this topic and can link it that would be great as well.

thanks

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
The ring gear is welded in on all rams 2009 and up. You’d have to find a different pumpkin either with the gears you want or a donor axle and do some fabbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hey all, I cannot find a thread for the life of me about regearing the front of a 2019 1500. I do recall reading somewhere(I think) that the front diff needed swapping from a previous gen. Can anyone enlighten me on this process or if that’s even true?

if this thread is in the wrong location my apologies, don’t create many threads. Or if someone knows of a thread that already exists on this topic and can link it that would be great as well.

thanks
I’m far from an expert on drivetrains, so curious as to why you would want to do this.

MaxiSteel

Reaction score
I’m far from an expert on drivetrains, so curious as to why you would want to do this.
Can’t regear the back without regearing the front on a 4x4, unless you don’t want to use 4wd ever again. I have the 3.21 but would rather regear to the 3.92 for heavier tire purposes and an extra little bit in 4 low crawl

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Can’t regear the back without regearing the front on a 4x4, unless you don’t want to use 4wd ever again. I have the 3.21 but would rather regear to the 3.92 for heavier tire purposes and an extra little bit in 4 low crawl
Ahh. That makes sense.
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread