5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Parksense Sensor Orientation?

bcookt06394

Reaction score
Hey, all. I'm struggling to clear parksense errors after installing a new bumper. I have two types of sensors and 6 sockets, so this should be so hard. I tried to make it easy to reply, so I need to know (when facing the truck):
Position 1: Sensor and plug inwards or outwards?
Position 2: Sensor and plug inwards or outwards?
Position 3: Sensor and plug inwards or outwards?
Position 4: Sensor and plug inwards or outwards?
Position 5: Sensor and plug inwards or outwards?
Position 6: Sensor and plug inwards or outwards?

Also, is there any way to force a calibration? 2019 5th gen Laramie

IMG_1516 copy.jpg

FM45

Reaction score
Per your illustration ...
A = pos 1-2-5-6
1-6 plug - OUT towards wheel well
2-5 plug - IN towards center of truck
B = pos 3-4
plug - UP
Have no info on any 'Force' calibration..

-=FM45=-

bcookt06394

Reaction score
Thanks, @FM45. I set them to those positions/orientations and the "service" error didn't clear with just turning on the ignition, but I'll try driving it a bit to see if they take some time to calibrate. Very much appreciated! I definitely did not have positions 3-4 oriented up.

bodeybuilt

Reaction score
Thanks, @FM45. I set them to those positions/orientations and the "service" error didn't clear with just turning on the ignition, but I'll try driving it a bit to see if they take some time to calibrate. Very much appreciated! I definitely did not have positions 3-4 oriented up.
Any luck yet? Just swapped bumpers and having a similar problem. Not sure about how to program or if it is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread