5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

front park sensors relocation

YONELTX30

Reaction score
Hello all... I'm new to this forum. I'm happy I've joined this dynamic and enthusiastic
group.

My question to yall is if anyone has relocated the 2 front park sensors on their front bumper.
Im planning to install a bull bar and it will sit exactly in front of those sensors. I can disable these sensors, but I was planning to de-intall them from the front bumper and re-install them on the bull bar.

Ideas? Suggestions?

I hear that these sensors are very sensitive and I don't want my truck to suddenly stop while driving on the highway because of a false reading.

Attachments

• sensors.JPG
    sensors.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 61
  • bullbar.jpg
    bullbar.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 61

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Only the rear sensors can cause a full stop (under 7 mph) and that feature can be disabled. The front sensors won't cause the truck to stop, they will just beep out of control.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Only the rear sensors can cause a full stop (under 7 mph) and that feature can be disabled. The front sensors won't cause the truck to stop, they will just beep out of control.

That appears to be an incorrect statement if he has the FCW with Mitigation, page 215 in the Manual:

1547468276162.png

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The fronts will cause brake, as in adaptive cruise also, they will brake to a stop then go again when using adaptive cruise. If you have advanced safety?

Last edited:

Jordan2929

Reaction score
That appears to be an incorrect statement if he has the FCW with Mitigation, page 215 in the Manual:

View attachment 13576
I wasn’t aware he had the advanced safety group, I was just assuming he didn’t because he has a big horn from the looks of his picture which can’t be optioned with advanced safety group. If he does then of course it will stop on it’s own.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wasn’t aware he had the advanced safety group, I was just assuming he didn’t because he has a big horn from the looks of his picture which can’t be optioned with advanced safety group. If he does then of course it will stop on it’s own.

All good... he doesn't have listed what he has on his Sig Line, so it hard to tell...

YONELTX30

Reaction score
Yes, I do have the Big Horn model without the advanced safety group. Has a sports package and the premium lighting package but nothing else. So I assume that this doesn't apply to me. (since I don't have adaptive cruise control) Thanks for your follow up guys

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, I do have the Big Horn model without the advanced safety group. Has a sports package and the premium lighting package but nothing else. So I assume that this doesn't apply to me. (since I don't have adaptive cruise control) Thanks for your follow up guys

Then @Jordan2929 is correct in that you won't have any issues... enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread